Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,070 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Why does bluetooth use my data?
Dhess419
Enthusiast - Level 1

Whenever i connect my phone via Bluetooth to my headset it uses my data through tethering how can I stop this from using my data when I'm only playing songs that are on my SD card? Or how can I disable tethering without a USB completely?

0 Likes
Re: Why does bluetooth use my data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dhess419, it is very concerning that you are experiencing this Bluetooth issue. It's important that you are able to make full use of your Bluetooth connection without any concerns. I just need a few more details to make sure we are on the same page. When did you first notice that there was data being used while connected to your Bluetooth headset? Where exactly are you confirming this data usage from (the phone, MyVerizon, etc)? Please tell me the make/model of your phone and headset.

Please power off your phone for 3 minutes. Once it's powered back on toggle the Bluetooth switch to off and back on and test.

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dhess419
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung galaxy s4. The data usage section in the settings shows how much data each app uses and at the top it days tethering uses the most which I spend a lot if time just listening to my own music, meaning not streamed, and yet tethering is still the most data used. Is there a way to disable the tethering option or is the tethering option another way of Samsung saying that's the Hotspot working?

Kind regards Verizon subscriber

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand wanting to minimize your data usage, Dhess419. However, tethering is included in your Mobile Hotspot and cannot be switched off. Tethering is what gives your device the ability to share a Wi-Fi connection.

CecileC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes