Why does S9+ say "continuing call using WIFI" when wifi calling not enabled?
atomarchio1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Recently purchased the S9+.

I am noticing the message appears after a few seconds on a call saying "continuing call using WIFI" which is a surprise.

I've not activated any wifi calling settings.  After checking, I've noticed WIFI calling is turned off on my phone.

Any reason as to why the phone defaults to this?  I am getting 3 bars on my phone so the signal appears to be fine.

Please help.  Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does S9+ say "continuing call using WIFI" when wifi calling not enabled?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Atomarchio1, having this message pop up would be a nuisance to me as well. Let's get this figured out. When did this problem start? Anything change on the phone? Are you experiencing issues with calls, text, or data?

Alberto_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Why does S9+ say "continuing call using WIFI" when wifi calling not enabled?
atomarchio1
Enthusiast - Level 3

About 10 days ago.  Nothing has changed on the phone and no issues with calls, text, data.

I have not activated wifi calling or made any changes to any type of calling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

atomarchio1, this is undoubtedly odd indeed. To confirm at the time of the pop-up are you connected to Wi-Fi? Does this occur on every phone call?

0 Likes
atomarchio1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes.  I am connected to WIFI.  It does occur on every call while connected to WIFI.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us know, Atomarchio1. Does it happen on every Wi-Fi network, or only your home network?

MatthewI_VZW
If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures that others can benefit from our conversation. Thank you, in advance, for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
atomarchio1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know about networks other than my home network.  Will have to try that and let you know

0 Likes