Why do we have such a poor signal?
BobLloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife has been happy with her S5 phone since last December but about a month ago the outgoing voice started fading in and out making it very difficult for the other party to understand her. Incoming sound is fine and it does not drop calls. Text messaging and internet browsing (even with WiFi disabled) are fine.  The problem is particularly bad at home where we get a solid 2 bars signal strength with 4G.  My S4 works fine in the same place.  The voice recorder works perfectly so it's not a microphone problem.  The software is up to date and I've done a factory reset - no change.  Samsung support had me load a diagnostic app but they could see nothing wrong. Verizon support tried a network remedy that made no difference either.  I finally got a replacement phone from the Verizon store - no improvement. This phone worked fine for 10 months and now is practically unusable for voice in my home.  What's up?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor outgoing voice - fades in and out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BobLloyd,

Having a working phone for your wife is so important. We appreciate you working with us and being so patient. Let’s get this fixed for you. One last question, is there a case or screen protector on her phone that could be interfering? Any other changes made or damage? If not, then we need to look in to replacement options?  Please call Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or *611 from any of your other phones.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BobLloyd,

Having a reliable signal is important for everyone. I know I depend on my phone for a lot so reliability is needed. Let's look into this more. Are there others having the same issues? Has there been any new applications downloaded before this occured?
JasperMMM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BobLloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response. No new apps.  In fact the problem existed on the new phone with nothing but the default apps installed.

0 Likes
BobLloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 4 Verizon phones in the household. No one has the problem except my wife's S5.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BobLloyd, all this is very helpful information and we certainly want your wife to have a working phone. Let's continue working on this and get to the bottom of this. Has the SIM card on the device been replaced?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
BobLloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. I have the original SIM.  I did try reseating it.

0 Likes
BobLloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

???

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Perhaps the next step by the Rep would be to obtain a free SIM replacement from a Verizon Corporate Retail location.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's great to hear back from you and we are not giving up on this until we find a solution. The next step would be to replace the SIM card and test the device. This is free of cost and you can pick a SIM card at one of our Corpprtate Stores. http://vz.to/1IeCli3 Please keep us posted and let us know if you have any additional questions.

onGonG_VZW
Follow us on Tworter @ort
If my response answered your question please cliectthe ect er� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BobLloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will do. I'll let you know. 

0 Likes