Why do I keep seeing a "Verizon e-mail authentication failed" error message?
Hammer56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my Verizon email account on my Galaxy S3 for a couple of years and it stopped worked on December 27, 2014. I don't have a problem getting my email on Webmail on my laptop or using Outlook on my home PC. My Gmail application works just fine as do other applications that use my mobile data or Wi-Fi. I have searched different forums on the web and found a bunch of Apple product users that have had the same problem but nothing for the Galaxy S3. Is anyone else having this problem and been able to resolve it?

My email settings did not change on my phone. The original settings are:

Incoming settings:

Email address <my email>

Username <my username>

Password <my password>

POP3 server <incoming.verizon.net>

Security type <SSL>

Port <995>

Outgoing Settings:

SMTP server <outgoing.verizon.net>

Security type <SSL>

Port <465>

Required sign in checked

Username <my username>

Password <my password>

Thanks

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon email Authentication failed error message on my Samsung Galaxy S3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hammer56

You came to the right place for help. I rarely access my email from a PC, so I know how important it is to have access to it from your phone. Thanks for the servers information, it truly helped find the root cause. The settings changed, you can the information here http://vz.to/1rFMBdr, so you can correct this.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email Authentication failed error message on my Samsung Galaxy S3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hammer56

You came to the right place for help. I rarely access my email from a PC, so I know how important it is to have access to it from your phone. Thanks for the servers information, it truly helped find the root cause. The settings changed, you can the information here http://vz.to/1rFMBdr, so you can correct this.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes