Why do I keep getting errors when sending text messages?
refsmom1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Recently on my Samsung Galaxy s3 I received a notification saying (Messages could not be sent....2 messages could not be sent.) I opened my text message threads and did not find any that were drafts or showed an error of not going through.  So I cleared the notification from the drop down screen.  Then as soon as I received a text that same message came back. I've restarted the phone. I've done a battery pull.  I've gone into the messaging app and cleared the cache/data. And it still continues to happen.  Has anyone else experienced this issue and been able to get that error to go away?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Messages not sent notification error message
refsmom1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon tech support was unable to help me and only suggested I perform a factory data reset.  Well not really wanting to do that because it would wipe out all my personalized settings I searched other forums and found this posted and it worked like a charm.

1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace

2. Launch Handcent SMS

3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages

4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent" woes!" "

I did it and it worked. Good luck!

View solution in original post

refsmom1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon tech support was unable to help me and only suggested I perform a factory data reset.  Well not really wanting to do that because it would wipe out all my personalized settings I searched other forums and found this posted and it worked like a charm.

1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace

2. Launch Handcent SMS

3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages

4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent" woes!" "

I did it and it worked. Good luck!

BuckeyeSteeler1

I turned on the Verizon Messages app, scrolled thru the texts, and any text that had an exclamation mark inside a triangle beside it, I went into the Samsung messaging app & deleted that specific message. Then turned off the Verizon messaging app. So far I haven't any messages not sent notifications.

0 Likes