Why do I keep getting dropped calls?
JABingham
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good evening,

I had a Droid Maxx, and recently it began to drop calls. Shortly afterwards, when I could finally connect, the other caller could not hear my voice. I asauced the issue was my Maxx, so I picked up a Galaxy s5.

I went in to the store earlier today and got a new Sim card to activate the s5. Now, about 4 hours later,  I am having identical issues with this phone. Calls drop between 10-15 seconds in, and many of the people I have test called cannot hear my voice.

I am trying to make this work, and have enjoyed my time with Verizon, but my contract is up and this is beyond frustrating. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No voice and dropped calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand your frustration, JABingham. I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with your phones. I'm curious to see if it's your location, or if there's something on the phone. Please try placing your phone in Safe Mode and then see if you're able to make a call successfully. http://vz.to/1i0XGEW

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John, having a phone that is reliable is important, and having it happen to separate phones is even more disappointing. We want to get you a resolution so you can go back to the reliable service you have known and loved with Verizon.  Have you called in to our tech support team at all for detailed troubleshooting? This sounds like we need to dig deeper and find out why you are having these issues. Because of the issue happening with both phones and it being a sound issue,  please reach out to usat 1-800-922-0204 and let us get deeper into your phone concerns. This way we can get you in private forum and look into your account privately. We look forward to assisting you.

CheriS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JABingham
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I would love to, but I can't. Any call I try and make is dropped. I don't have another phone to use. Part of the reason this is so frustrating.

0 Likes
JABingham
Enthusiast - Level 2

In fact, I just tried to call, just for kicks. I was promptly dropped after my first automated prompt entry.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand your frustration, JABingham. I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with your phones. I'm curious to see if it's your location, or if there's something on the phone. Please try placing your phone in Safe Mode and then see if you're able to make a call successfully. http://vz.to/1i0XGEW

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes