Why do I keep getting a connection failed message?
snyderro21

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. A few weeks ago I started to get a periodic message that simply says:

Connection failed

The connection has failed.

Reconnect?

No Yes

I am not sure what the source of this message is or how I can track it down. Anyone have any suggestions? It doesn't really seem like I am losing any connections unless it is so brief as to be unnoticeable. It does get very annoying though when the message pops up every few minutes.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connection failed message
GARKAU35
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also suddenly getting the message, It seems to have started with the latest OS update to 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)

It seems to be Bluetooth related, as turning off Bluetooth makes it go away

I'd also like to see a fix, or more information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are you doing when it pops up?  You may be in a weak signal area and the connection is flaky so it comes and goes.  Is there and indication if it's the wifi or the cellular connection that is failing?

Another possibility is your SIM card is failing, or is loose in the slot, so it loses connection.  Try removing it and re-seating it, and if that doesn't help, a new one is free at corporate Verizon stores or by calling customer service to have one shipped to you free.

0 Likes
GARKAU35
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also suddenly getting the message, It seems to have started with the latest OS update to 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)

It seems to be Bluetooth related, as turning off Bluetooth makes it go away

I'd also like to see a fix, or more information.

0 Likes
snyderro21

Good call on the Bluetooth. That is what was causing my issue. I turned it off earlier today and haven't seen a Connection Failed since.

0 Likes