Why do I have to keep restarting my device?
ReadyforFreddy

I have a Samsung 3.  I frequently have to restart in order to get certain applications including PHONE to respond.  Has anyone had this problem?  How did you resolve it?

Also when I do a restart I always get a "Unfortunately VZWAVSservice has stopped" error.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Frequently have to restart Samsung 3
mama23dogs
Legend

Its sounds like you may need to backup and restore to factory, do any updates needed and restore your data.

you may also need a new SIM card.

google and or Samsung may be set to backup regularly, check when last backup was done.  When you add these accounts back to the phone, the related data would be restored also.

transfer photos to an SD card and remove from phone, or transfer to a computer or cloud backup.

hopefully these two options will fix the phone.   Even a couple of accidental drops can cause problems like this eventually.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Lets ensure your phone is running in top form! May I assume you're referring to the Galaxy S 3? How long has this been occurring? Is this issue random or does it occur during a certain process?

Does the issue occur while the device is in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/14P3xYa

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Its sounds like you may need to backup and restore to factory, do any updates needed and restore your data.

you may also need a new SIM card.

google and or Samsung may be set to backup regularly, check when last backup was done.  When you add these accounts back to the phone, the related data would be restored also.

transfer photos to an SD card and remove from phone, or transfer to a computer or cloud backup.

hopefully these two options will fix the phone.   Even a couple of accidental drops can cause problems like this eventually.

0 Likes