Re: Why do I get 1x signal rather than 4g lte?
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

My S3 is not having any data problems after the update.  It is the same as before, but your comment on the music in the store caught my eye.  I was out of town in Indianapolis a couple of weeks ago and had to go into the store regarding an equipment issue on another phone, and I could not believe the music was so loud people were screaming at each other.  I like music as well as the next person, but this was like movie theater loud!

0 Likes
michaelpk6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have since went back to using my Samsung s3 mini, it works perfectly!! Good signal and 4g lte works fine also. I tossed the the old phone, I believe it had a bad antenna inside of it. It was old , worn and knicked up.

The people that work at Verizon are really very friendly and extremely helpful. I have been to all 3 stores in my area, all of them I would rate as 5 stars! Verizon's workers are the greatest!! Thanks Verizon!

0 Likes
Meoww

I have been having problems with signal & battery both since the update to the new software on my S3.  Changing to the new network type automatically helped with signal.  I don't know what to do about the battery.  Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it's important to have good battery life Meoww. How long are you getting out of a full charge? Have you tried a full charge with the device powered off?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
amsantaa

VZWSupport,

I had the same issues, my 4S was on 1x regardless of location.  I removed the SIM card and problem was resolved.

0 Likes
burgler2112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issues since the upgrade:

over the past week or so, my Galaxy S5 connection will go from 4G to 3G or even 1X and will not go back to 4G unless I reboot the phone or turn on Airplane mode, wait a few seconds, then turn airplane mode off.  Then I will have 4G again, but only for a period of time, and then it will revert back to 3G or 1X.  I never had this issue with my previous phone.  And when the connection changes I'm not traveling around in different coverage areas.  This happens in my home/work area (Zip 07738 and 07701), as well as when I'm out of town.

I'm also experiencing random reboots on my Galaxy S5.  There is no telling when it will occur, but I'll be using the phone and then all of a sudden it will simply reboot.

Captjaneway3

I get this intermittantly at the Lowes in Largo, MD zip code 20774 and I have to restart my phone to get 4G back. I have a Note iii

0 Likes
Peekaboo159
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m about done with Verizon 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes