Why did our wi-fi start running so slow?
DCSD

My wife and I both have the S6 Edge Plus. The wifi started running very slowly on both at the same time. This happens at work, home, wherever. I need this fixed since we are now using a lot of data!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vancure4, We appreciate all of your troubleshooting thus far. This sounds as though you need to contact your home Internet provider, since you're having trouble with the Internet once connected to your WiFi.
TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DCSD,

We hear your SOS and are here to help. I know how important it is to conserve data every month and I want to ensure we get you back to doing the same. When did you start having this issue with of your devices?  Any recent changes to your devices?  Any error messages?  Provide additional details to help.
YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DCSD

The problem started about 1 week ago. Haven't been getting any error messages from it. It just takes forever to load anything using wifi. I've tried forgetting and reinstating the network, clearing cache partition, resetting router, rebooting the phone...all to no avail.

0 Likes
DCSD

Also, the phone updated on October 20th. The problem started shortly after.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DCSD-

I appreciate you being proactive with the device issue you are experiencing as this is crucial to get it corrected in a timely manner. Let's work towards the root cause. Does this happen with the same WIFI network? Have you test this out on other WIFI networks to see how signal works? Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DCSD,

Being able to connect to WiFi is definitely important now a days. Let's continue to work on yours. It is alarming to see this is occurring on both of your devices & after a software update. I appreaciate all of the steps you have taken so far. At this point, I would recommend performing a factory reset on the devices. This link will show you how: http://vz.to/1SsU0JY The factory reset can help with any glitches or issues that may have come across with the update. You do want to ensure you have your device all backed up first. You may use things like the Verizon Cloud to ensure you have everything saved: http://vz.to/1cQ9M2W Please let us know if you come across any questions or concerns with the steps.

ChristinaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Elytherial
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have been having a very similar experience on my S6 Edge.  I did the factory reset and that didn't help at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Elytherial, we appreciate that information. Let’s keep working toward a resolution. Just a few things, I would like you to try:

•  Make sure that Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always. You’ll find it in Settings > Wi-Fi > More > Advanced.
•  Make sure that your router firmware is up to date. Check with your ISP or manufacturer about updates.

Also, are any other phones in your home having the same issue? Please check to see if the update was done completely. Here is a link with instructions:

http:/wwwwverizonwirelesss.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/

Please feel free to keep us posted.

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
vancure4

I am also having problem with Edge Plus Wifi.  I figured out why I was using so much data - my phone was not even using my home wifi.  Now that I have wifi only chosen, my phone will not connect to the internet.  It says I am connected but pages will not load.  None of the suggested fixes have worked.  My phone connects fine at work - why is this any different? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vancure4, We appreciate all of your troubleshooting thus far. This sounds as though you need to contact your home Internet provider, since you're having trouble with the Internet once connected to your WiFi.
TrinetteW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes