Why can't I turn off my alarm when the screen is locked?
RegZ

I use the clock app that came with my Galaxy S7 Edge.  When alarm goes off after screen locks, I cannot turn off the alarm until after I unlock the screen.  I should be able to just click on Off or Snooze but I cannot.  Do I need a different alarm app?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On Galaxy S7 Edge, I cannot turn off alarm or snooze when screen is locked. Do I need a different alarm app?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RegZ - I have taken a deep dive into the Settings of the Galaxy S7 Edge. Let me help you use the alarm off/snooze with a single tap. Go to Settings>Accessibility. Scroll down to Single tap mode and place it on the On position.
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: On Galaxy S7 Edge, I cannot turn off alarm or snooze when screen is locked. Do I need a different alarm app?
Leahx1127
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds abnormal, I have not experienced this with my edge. One solution is to enable easy mute in the settings (advanced features). This should allow you to at least mute the alarm. If this doesn't help I would use a different app, maybe some else can help you that has experience with this issue.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried swiping to the off or snooze on the lock screen for alarms? That is the standard function of the alarm clock in the stock Android OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RegZ

When you say “swiping to the off or snooze,” do you mean swipe across the screen on the option I want (Off is above and Snooze is below), instead of tapping the screen?

When an alarm wakes me up, I used to tap on my Galaxy S5. Swiping will take more thought but I guess that will wake me up better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RegZ - I have taken a deep dive into the Settings of the Galaxy S7 Edge. Let me help you use the alarm off/snooze with a single tap. Go to Settings>Accessibility. Scroll down to Single tap mode and place it on the On position.
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is similar. The stock Android design has one swiping to the left (Alarm Off)  or right (Snooze) to silence the current alarm sound. Sounds like Samsung customized it a little bit.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RegZ

That’s fantastic. It worked. I actually went to Accessibility earlier but I always forget to scroll down for additional options.

0 Likes
RegZ

I’m responding from Outlook so I don’t know if you saw the other solution on the Community site but if you go to Setup and Accessibility, there is an option to use one tap to turn off alarms. I tested it and it works.

0 Likes
Re: On Galaxy S7 Edge, I cannot turn off alarm or snooze when screen is locked.  Do I need a different alarm app?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That might be an option on Samsung phones. However it isn't an option on other manufacturers' phones or the stock Android. Personally I have gotten used to the swipe feature and would expect on other Android devices.

0 Likes