Why can't I sync my Facebook contacts?
crackerb2

with my samsung s4 I was able to sync with facebook so my facebook friends pictures showed with their phone number.  Why can't I do this with my samsung galaxys6?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: facebook friends do not sync with my phone
deloused
Master - Level 3

This is normal. Facebook stopped supporting contact sync for Androids last month.

Facebook support officially confirmed this change and a number of websites and forums have also confirmed the removal. Facebook stated, "Unfortunately, this feature is no longer available. If you would like to provide feedback to the product team about this, please visit our Help Center."

http://www.zdnet.com/article/facebook-stops-syncing-contacts-on-android-phones-blackberry-10-still-b...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crackerb2-

I understand the need to have the same options when it comes to third party applications on your new phone. Let's make sure we are providing you with the best resolution. Are your Facebook contacts syncing without pictures or they are not syncing at all? Have you tried removing the app and re-installing it to see if it works for you? Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
crackerb2

My facebook people are showing up WITHOUT the picture. I have removed the facebook account and reinstalled it. I have all apps sent to sync but I cannot sync with faces on facebook. I did some research and one of the answers was the be sure the option to "sync with facebook" was checked. I do not have that option, either on my phone or in facebook.

I know I could have more difficult issues but this is important to me. However, it does sync with faces through my facebook "chat".....very strange.

0 Likes
crackerb2

Actually, ignore the last email I sent. None of the facebook contacts are showing up in my phone at all. Not sure why some faces are there and some are not, however. I never had this problem before as I did have an option to sync with facebook which seems to be missing. This is frustrating.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

This is normal. Facebook stopped supporting contact sync for Androids last month.

Facebook support officially confirmed this change and a number of websites and forums have also confirmed the removal. Facebook stated, "Unfortunately, this feature is no longer available. If you would like to provide feedback to the product team about this, please visit our Help Center."

http://www.zdnet.com/article/facebook-stops-syncing-contacts-on-android-phones-blackberry-10-still-b...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crackerb2 This very strange that none of your Facebook friends photos are displaying. When did the problem begin? What happens if you sign into facebook using the phone's browser? Please test and let us know if you can see the photos then. Also, are you able to view pictures when using other 3rd party applications?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kaputkapitan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here...fb changed their app

0 Likes
Kaputkapitan
Enthusiast - Level 2

4g lights up when WiFi is off

0 Likes