Why can't I restore my contacts?
bsp83

I factory reset my S4 and lost my contacts.  Now I am trying to get them back.  I go to contacts/settings/backup like here - Samsung Galaxy S4 Backup Assistant Plus Support | Verizon Wireless then restore contacts, and hit next.  The screen runs for awhile then I get the error message "provisioning failed-backup assistant plus has lost network connection (36).  Please try again."  I have tried on both 4G and wifi, and am sure it is not an internet connection issue.  Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup assistant plus provisioning failed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here Jawinney and bsp83! Ensuring you have your contacts is my top priority. Since Backup Assistant Plus has been replaced with the Verizon Cloud (found in the Play Store), this would be the best application to use with Lollipop:  http://vz.to/1EHI8uD. The Verizon Cloud application is the best option to use with Lollipop although the Backup Assistant Plus hasn't been removed completely from the devices to allow transfer from Plus to the Cloud without losing any content. If any of your previous contacts were stored as Google contacts instead of phone contacts, they will restore using your Gmail email account so long as you have logged into it. Keep us posted with your outcome.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jawinney

Having the same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here Jawinney and bsp83! Ensuring you have your contacts is my top priority. Since Backup Assistant Plus has been replaced with the Verizon Cloud (found in the Play Store), this would be the best application to use with Lollipop:  http://vz.to/1EHI8uD. The Verizon Cloud application is the best option to use with Lollipop although the Backup Assistant Plus hasn't been removed completely from the devices to allow transfer from Plus to the Cloud without losing any content. If any of your previous contacts were stored as Google contacts instead of phone contacts, they will restore using your Gmail email account so long as you have logged into it. Keep us posted with your outcome.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes