Why can't I receive mms messages?
Jchet711

The other day my wife upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S4. At first the problem was that she could not receive texts from anyone with an Apple product. I got around that by changing her Apple ID password, changing her phone number, and making sure everyone changed her contact info so that it no longer said she was an iPhone just a mobile number. This allowed her to receive SMS texts. However she still cannot receive MMS messages and it has me for a loss of what to try next. I feel like this is something that Verizon should be and make their customers aware of. I have seen many threads on here with people having similar problems going from apple to android products. If anyone has any ideas for the MMS messages please let me know. This is driving me insane.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changed from iPhone 4 to galaxy s4... So frustrating
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

The thing with switching from an Apple product to an Android is that Apple has you registered as you are still using an Apple product even after changing the password and phone number. You need to contact Apple and deregister her from Apples database. If you contact Apple they will know exactly what to do. After you do that she will be able to send and receive both SMS and MMS messages. I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

The thing with switching from an Apple product to an Android is that Apple has you registered as you are still using an Apple product even after changing the password and phone number. You need to contact Apple and deregister her from Apples database. If you contact Apple they will know exactly what to do. After you do that she will be able to send and receive both SMS and MMS messages. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
kelbb7

i Completely feel your pain....i did the exact same switch and I hate it....

0 Likes
Hawaiiboy58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read the problem you're having and found this information. I don't know if this will help but I figured you would want any possible solutions. Here's the website I found with people that can't receive text messages and I know you can now receive texts but not MMS. Here is the website I found some information on with supposedly the "Correct" answer for text messages.

http://www.imore.com/imessage-bug-time-easy-fix

Here is another persons post that I found that also could not receive text messages after switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S4. Like I said, I know that you can't receive MMS but just maybe these posts will by some great chance help. If it doesn't I'm sorry, I tried.

I finally got the text issue fixed. I had to call Apple and open a case to get my number and certificate revoked on their server. Today I contacted Apple to try and delete my phone number from their system. They were able to revoke the certificate. It took 24 hours but I now receive text from iPhone users.

turning off iMessage. When I was at the store for the internet connection someone was trading in an iPhone. I warned them about turning off iMessage and they thanked me. The salesperson asked why they needed to do that, all they needed was turn off find my phone. I explained with IOS 7 the iMessage takes over from the regular text. It registers the phone number as an iPhone on Apple's server and all iPhones try to send the text to their server instead of a regular server. I'm happy to have text capability with my friends back.

0 Likes
Hawaiiboy58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oops sorry, I just went back to that page and now it's not there so here's what was written.

Even easier solution...on the phone itself go to settings and simply turn off iMessages. My wife joined me on the "darkside" and that's all she did and everything worked great.

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:27 pm - 2 years ago

Brian is correct, the easier way (I have been doing thus switching from my iPhone 4 to sgs2) is to just turn imessage off. You MUST however turn imessage off BEFORE taking the similar out of the iPhone. Of not it will still send the messages to imessage.

Have this great phone I like, but I can't receive text messages from iphones. Tried several "fixes" including unregistering my old phone & number with apple. Verizon says I can't get a replacement, so i'm stuck with this phone that I can't receive texts from my colleagues and family. This is just crazy. Anybody found a solution?

Correct Answer:

have the iphone users also delete their text history.  they shouldn't have to turn off imessage if you unregistered your apple account.  However it may be stored in their phone that you have imessage.  have them start from scratch also. 

Even easier solution...on the phone itself go to settings and simply turn off iMessages. My wife joined me on the "darkside" and that's all she did and everything worked great.

Brian is correct, the easier way (I have been doing thus switching from my iPhone 4 to sgs2) is to just turn imessage off. You MUST however turn imessage off BEFORE taking the similar out of the iPhone. Of not it will still send the messages to imessage.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Hawaiiboy58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, I accidently copied the message twice. I'm getting tired.lol

0 Likes