Why can't I open saved text messages in vmz format?
arubatiger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi I was able to save text messages. They were syored in My Files in a folder titled Verizon Messages. They are in vmz format. When I try to open them I get a "no application association" error message. Can anyone help? It seems odd Verizon advertizes this option but then you cant use it. Thanks in advance.

Ammby1

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to open saved text msgs in vmz format. No app associated suggstions please
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Ammby1,

Keeping your important messages backed up is a top priority. To restore a saved message or conversation thread, while in the Verizon Messages+ app tap the menu button and then tap "Restore Messages." You can then choose which saved message you want to restore. To view the message, simply locate the conversation thread in the Verizon Messages+ app.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: Unable to open saved text msgs in vmz format. No app associated suggstions please
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Ammby1,

Keeping your important messages backed up is a top priority. To restore a saved message or conversation thread, while in the Verizon Messages+ app tap the menu button and then tap "Restore Messages." You can then choose which saved message you want to restore. To view the message, simply locate the conversation thread in the Verizon Messages+ app.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

arubatiger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! Thats what I was missing. My old Android had a different file management system. You are awesome. Thanks for your quick support. This answered my question.

Cheers

Ammby1

0 Likes
goldfish0519

I don't see a restore option

0 Likes