Why can't I forward calendar appointments to an apple device?
Billrothone

Since the recent irresponsible "upgrade" my wife is no longer able to open and download calendar items I forward to her I Pad.  Any suggestions?  When I forward the same appointments to my PC (Windows XP w/SP 3) they upload to my Office calendar without a problem.  I've developed a work around fpr the I Pad using the Google calendar but prefer the direct forwarding method to her calendar which worked fine until the recent upgrade. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calendar Appointment Forwarding Problems to an Apple Device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Billrothone,

Accessing your email on your multiples devices is very important and I'm happy to help get to the bottom of this. What email prvider are you using to share this calendar? She may need to access her Settings>Mail Contacts & Calendars>Select the email account and turn On the setting for Calendar; this will sync all events going forward. In addition, got to the Calendar App on the tablet, select Calendars and select the email address you share to ensure it's synced.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Billrothone,

Accessing your email on your multiples devices is very important and I'm happy to help get to the bottom of this. What email prvider are you using to share this calendar? She may need to access her Settings>Mail Contacts & Calendars>Select the email account and turn On the setting for Calendar; this will sync all events going forward. In addition, got to the Calendar App on the tablet, select Calendars and select the email address you share to ensure it's synced.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Billrothone

Your suggestion didn't work. The work around I used was what you suggested. "got  (sic) to the Calendar App on the tablet, select Calendars and select the email address you share to ensure it's synced".

Parenthetically, recently the home screen has occasionally failed to shut off and the battery life between charges has shortened noticeably. 

Finally, and totally unrelated to these issues, is that this community forum site, amazingly for a communications company,  is the most user unfriendly I have used.

Billrothone

0 Likes
Not applicable

You didn't respond to the request to know what email/ calendar you are using.

It matters.

For example, I use Yahoo email and family calendar.   The information is synced to my Galaxy S3, my son's iPhone, my older son's Droid M and my Ex-husbands Droid x as well as my iPad and iMac computer.

I needed the cloud on all devices and on my GS3 I needed Smooth Sync for Yahoo calendar and Smooth sync for cloud.

Unless you use Yahoo also, We need more info to assist.

0 Likes
Billrothone

Thank you.

I use Roadrunner e-mail and originally used the phone calendar on my Samsung phone. My wife uses Hotmail and originally used the default calendar on her I-Pad.

The work-around now consists of adding an event on my Google calendar, making it public and it then appears on the Google calendar on my wife's I-Pad.

I can forward the event to my PC using Roadrunner, opening it up and seamlessly downloading the event to the Outlook calendar on my PC.  However, when I forward the event to my wife's Hotmail address which she accesses on her I-Pad, the box appears in her messages saying "Tap to Download, Invite 111.vcs, 0.6KB".  When she taps on the box she gets another box saying "Invite 111.vcs with a small picture of a calendar in it and when she taps that the choices come up for "Air Drop",  "Mail" or "Quick Look".However, the event cannot be opened to read it nor does it appear on her calendar. Prior to the "upgrade" I would forward her the event, she would tap to download and the event would go directly to the default calendar on her I-Pad.

Parenthetically, I attempted to provide this information in the previous message but while copying a quote the message froze and was lost resulting in an abbreviated reply and leading to the comment re: the difficulty using this forum.

Billrothone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details, Billrothone. When adding the event to your S3 calendar, it would automatically be adding it with your Google account. When you go to the calendar on your phone and select share, have you tried sharing that same entry by Gmail instead of Roadrunner? We appreciate your feedback about our forums and if you would like to provide more information on how we can make your experience better, please let us know.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Billrothone

Thanks for your help.

Billrothone

0 Likes