Re: Galaxy S3 Bluetooth not connecting after Jan 2014 update
Buckeye18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue with my 2012 Mustang. I am sure Ford will say it's a Android problem and Samsung/ Verizon will say it's a Ford SYNC problem. Did work great until I updated my S3 to the 4.3 version.

0 Likes
Buckeye18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally found this answer and it worked for me!

From the main menu in SYNC, choose Systems Setting, then Advance, then MAP Profile. Make sure MAP Profile is turn ON. Also texting has returned to SYNC.

0 Likes
joemcl

Same issue - S3, Ford Sync, no bluetooth. Was able to connect bluetooth but no media audio comes through, no phone audio either. Verizon is a fix on the way?

0 Likes
thecuban28

How come I doubt a system restore will fix this... Seems like waste of time.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Sometimes un-pairing is insufficient. You might want to un-pair on your phone, then find out for whatever vehicle / car radio manufacturer you have, the means to do a reset on the device. Then attempt to re-pair the phone to the device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@thecuban28,

I totally understand your concern! A hard reset can be inconvenient but a necessary step, especially after a major software update.

Some times the new software is not compatible with previously downloaded 3rd party apps and can cause issue with the phone. I suggest you perform the hard reset http://vz.to/1ktwaMD but make sure the phone is not auto restoring 3rd party apps. Retest and keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes