Why can't I connect to 4G LTE?
Japhasca

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I have never had a problem before staying in 4G LTE mode. For several days now however, it has only topped out in 3G and even drops to 1x frequently.

I have updated everything, and tried both soft and hard resets.
I have tried a device health check and it shows no problems in connectivity,

I have tried the settings explained here (it was defaulted to the top one):
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97665/
The first two settings will connect to 3G, the bottom won't connect to anything.

I'm out of suggestions I've found online. Any idea what to try next?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone will not use 4G LTE mode.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Japhasca, thanks for keeping us posted. We want to resolve this service issue for you right away. You may retrieve a free sim card from any one of our corporate store locations immediately:

http://vz.to/1w0wp8q

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

call cs from another phone & have them reset the phone on their end....this is not a factory reset but how you access the signal.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is an app in the store called LTE DISCOVERY. Try downloading it and see what signal levels it is detecting.

Also, do other Verizon Wireless devices act correctly, or, do they also have problems getting to 4G?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Japhasca,

Thank you for completing those troubleshooting steps. Let's get your LTE back. What zipcode? Have you powered off the device, removed sim, replace sim, and power back on?

KatrinaN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Japhasca

Hi! Thanks for the response. I've tried these things, I've also called

customer service and they tried to re-sync my phone to teh network but

it didn't work. The consensus now seems to be that I need a new SIM card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Japhasca, thanks for keeping us posted. We want to resolve this service issue for you right away. You may retrieve a free sim card from any one of our corporate store locations immediately:

http://vz.to/1w0wp8q

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes