Why are some email notifications popping up days later?
EugeneP11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed since the next-most-recent update to my S5, that email notifications will pop up hours or even days after the email came in. Strangely, I don't even have my emails set up to notify me when they arrive. Anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Why are some email notifications popping up days later?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning EugeneP11

I'm sorry to hear your having delayed email notifications. Let's look into this together. What email is this for? Was this a third party app you were using for email?
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EugeneP11
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, just the android email app, linked to my Comcast account. It doesn't happen with my Gmail account. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EugeneP11,

Got it, thanks! Have you attempted to remove the email account and re-add it to the device? We can certainly give that a shot to see if it will clear things up. Take a look here to see how http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-98661/.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i'm getting some email + notifications late on my cox pop3 account on my phone & pc also.

i don't think the delays have anything to do with the update.

0 Likes
EugeneP11
Enthusiast - Level 2

The emails are not delayed. I get random notifications on my phone (banners) hours or days after the email appears in my inbox. Even for emails I have already opened. I don't have email notifications turned on. I shouldn't be getting notifications at all, much less days late.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not wanted email notifications are not acceptable EugeneP11. Working together, I know we can get this resolved for you. How many email addresses do you have on your phone? Does this happen with all of them? If not, which one does it happen with? Have you tried removing the email that it is happening with? If not, would you please try that? Here is the link that will provide those steps: http://vz.to/1NV01Qg
RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
EugeneP11
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens most frequently with my Comcast account, but also with my work account. Never happens with my Gmail account. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring you only get the notifications that you want is crucial, EugeneP11. We recommend removing and re-adding the accounts to your device as shown in this link. http://vz.to/1NjnhaB Please keep us posted on how its working.

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes
EugeneP11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Deleting the email account and reestablishing it did not help. It actually made it worse. I was able to reinstall the account successfully, but now emails won't load completely so I cannot read them. I have deleted the account again and will no longer attempt to use my phone for that account. Thank you for trying to help, but it appears only Gmail accounts are compatible with this phone. 

0 Likes