Re: Why are notifications disappearing
cdkarlsson
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support 

I just checked, and my S8+ was last updated on June 6th (Update 25) and no new updates are available.

Do you have an update on this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dustywaffles

A disappearing act is better suited to magicians instead of text notifications, but let's not be so quick to give up yet. While a factory reset is useful in some situations, there's much more to look at before that needs to come in. Have you contacted the app developers directly to let them know of the issue? You can do that through your Play Store here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-43779/ .

Have you had the same notification issue happen when using Samsung Messages on your phone instead of Messages+ ? This link will show how you can change that: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-223021/ . If you use a different Samsung Galaxy phone, the same steps found in these links will apply to most other Galaxy models, so please keep us updated on how that goes for you.

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cdkarlsson, We understand that the notification disappearing has been a concern for you for some time. At this time there is no additional information regarding this concern using Messaging +. In the meantime, we recommend using the default messaging application.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
Dewey3k
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's shocking that the messages in this thread cover an entire year and yet Verizon customer service STILL CANNOT offer anything other than "uninstall and reinstall". Shocking.

I've had this same problem forever. Notification disappears after about 90 seconds. Badge disappears but in the app, messages remain marked unread. I miss important texts all the time because of this and I would revert to Samsung messages except that app is even more terrible than this one. If it matters, I have an S8 running Pie (Android 9) although this problem goes back to the Oreo (Android 😎 days.

Unlike our fine service reps, I see a pattern. It seems like we all use Message+ on another device. My guess is that when the notification appears on that other device, it is mistakenly removed from our primary phones.  Maybe someone at Verizon could check that out? Or maybe a year from now no one will be using this app anymore. Anyone's guess at this point.

Dewey3k
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Dewey3k wrote:

It's shocking that the messages in this thread cover an entire year and yet Verizon customer service STILL CANNOT offer anything other than "uninstall and reinstall". Shocking.

I've had this same problem forever. Notification disappears after about 90 seconds. Badge disappears but in the app, messages remain marked unread. I miss important texts all the time because of this and I would revert to Samsung messages except that app terrible even more than this one. If it matters, I have an S8 running Pie (Android 9) although this problem goes back to the Oreo (Android 😎 days.

Unlike our fine service reps, I see a pattern. It seems like we all use Message+ on another device. My guess is that when the notification appears on that other device, it is mistakenly removed from our primary phones.  Maybe someone at Verizon could check that out? Or maybe a year from now no one will be using this app anymore. Anyone's guess at this point.

And, FWIW, the version on my iPad DOES NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM. Which would be fine except I dont' carry a 10 inch iPad in my pocket.

cdkarlsson
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

cdkarlsson, We understand that the notification disappearing has been a concern for you for some time. At this time there is no additional information regarding this concern using Messaging +. In the meantime, we recommend using the default messaging application.

TrinetteW_VZW

@vzw_customer_support @trinettew_vzw  That response is totally unacceptable.  This is an ongoing issue affecting many people, and Verizon's official response is "don't use our software"??  We are paying customers, and your service is supposed to be the best in the business.

None of the official responses give any indication that this issue was forwarded to a development team, or that any resources were used in fixing it.  This issue still persists to this day, consistently, with every single text message I receive!  Text messaging is one of the most (if not the most) used features by cell phone users, so this should have a high priority.  How can it possibly be that you cannot reproduce the issue and fix it?  Verizon Message+ is literally the only app in my near decade of use of the Android OS that this problem has happened to.  You have the capability to fix this, so please escalate this issue, and give us updates.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the type of experience we want you to have with your service. It is important for your devices to work correctly so you can review the notifications at any time. Allow us to gather more information to be on the same page. Are you experiencing notification issues with the email app or any other applications? 

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
cdkarlsson
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support @victorc_vzw 

No, I am not experiencing this issue with the email app (though, I don't use it, as I primarily use Gmail and Outlook) or any other app.  Earlier in this thread (see page 5 and my response) your team suggested I temporarily switch to the default Samsung text messaging app to see if the issue occurs with it as well; I tried it and sent myself a test SMS, leaving the notification on my phone, and after a day and a half it was still there. I eventually got tired of seeing it and cleared it manually.

Reading back further in this thread, you'll see that I even tested Message+ in Safe Mode, and the issue still occurs.  Short of factory resetting my phone, I've tried everything I can think of, and everything your team has suggested.

0 Likes
cdkarlsson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, I just noticed this thread where more people are having the same issue.  This thread showed up in the "Recommendations" section for me on this website.  I'm sure there are more threads like it to be found using the search feature.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cdkarlsson, we apologize for the delay and are here to help with your Message + notification issues. Your efforts are appreciated. In your earlier post, you mentioned you have Pushbullet installed on your PC. To gain clarity, do you also have this messaging app on your phone? If so, please ensure your notifications are turned off within your Pushbullet app, and any other messaging apps you have on your phone (including your Samsung messaging app). I understand you've used this app in the past. However, with Message+, multiple messaging apps on your device will cause your Message+ notifications to disappear. I've sent you a Private Message, and hope to hear from you soon to help resolve your notification issues once and for all. ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes