Re: Why are notifications disappearing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for this inconvenience you are having with the notifications using the Verizon Messages app, eugue2005. I know how important it is to have these notifications working correctly. We value your time and let's look into this further. Are any of these conversations muted? http://spr.ly/6603Eep33 Are there any interruption settings enabled? http://spr.ly/6604Eep3O Keep me updated.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
cdkarlsson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi @vzw_customer_support,

I didn't receive an email when you replied, so I had no idea you had responded until I decided to come check this thread because the issue is still ongoing, with Message+ SMS notifications disappearing, even while I'm looking at the phone (I can visually see them disappear from the notification bar without me interacting with the phone at all).

In response to your instructions:

1. Yes, the Message+ app on my phone is up to date.
  2. I checked the settings you asked about, and while "Notifications" was enabled in the app, "Enable Network Notifications" was not (I've never touched this setting), so I enabled it.  I will report back here as to whether this setting makes a difference or not.
  3. Notifications in my device settings are (and already were) enabled for Message+.

Do you have any other suggestions for me to try, or any updates on this issue?

0 Likes
cdkarlsson
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support 

Okay, so changing  that "Enable Network Notifications" setting had no effect. I received a text message, and the notification disappeared within 15 minutes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry you lost some messages, and if possible, you may want to download the app to your computer or tablet as a backup. I realize we have been working on this issue for some time now, and we truly appreciate your patience. Can you change your text app to the Samsung text and see if that changes anything? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-96395/_  TinaN_VZW

0 Likes
cdkarlsson
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support, I finally had some time today to try out your suggestion; I switched my default messaging app to the Samsung Messages app (the built-in SMS app).

I recieved a text and didn't clear the notification, and it's still there, three hours later! If the notification ever disappears without me clearing it, I'll update this thread, but I think it's safe to say at this point that it won't happen. With the Verizon Message+ app, the notifications never last more than 15 minutes (sometimes less than a minute). Something wrong is definitely happening with Message+.

Any updates?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to hear that the issue did not occur with the other messaging app, but understand the frustration that you are having the issue persist with Verizon Message +. Were you able to factory reset your device?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
cdkarlsson
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support @joshuac_vzw 

No, I have not factory reset my phone, as I don't have the time to back up everything, and then restore all apps, settings, etc.; it would literally take several hours to do this. Frankly, I don't think a factory reset is an acceptable solution anyway, given that all signs (e.g. the fact it still happens even in Safe Mode, the fact that it doesn't happen with other apps or other text messaging apps, the fact it's happening to multiple other people with this app, etc) point to this issue being a problem with the Message+ app and nothing else.

BTW, with the built-in SMS app, I left the notification untouched for a day and a half, and it stayed there until I cleared it myself.

Do you have any other course of action to try other than completely wiping my phone and starting over from scratch?

Is the app development team aware of this issue? Is anything being done about it? This thread is lacking updates from your end, other than to ask us to try other things to "see if it works". Please let us know what is actually being done about this.

If you look at the date on the original post, this coming Saturday marks one year since it was posted, and the issue started even before that! It has been far too long without a solution.

0 Likes
cdkarlsson
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support 

The app was updated on 6/11/2019 via Google Play, and I can confirm that it did not fix the problem.

Is there an update on this issue?

0 Likes
dustywaffles
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have the same problem since updating to the new Android software. Message+ notifications DISAPPEAR. I've missed important texts because of this. I've watched the notifications disappear from the lock screen, from the home screen, and also my cars will chime when I receive a message but when I look at my phone the notification is gone. Ridiculous. And ridiculous that "factory reset" is even an acceptable suggestion (it's not). I could also burn my house down but if you build with the same material it's all going to be the same. It's not phone related when multiple users are having this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us updated, cdkarlsson. Since the application update did not fix the issue, have you attempted to update your device software? IF not, please do so at this time and let us know the results.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes