Re: Why are notifications disappearing
RMurphyInLosAngeles
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does this remain unanswered and unresolved? I ask because I'm experiencing this same issue and have been since the system update before the most recent one (most recent was just a few days ago; the one that started this was perhaps a month or two prior -- June sounds about right).

Considering how many people are having the problem, I would hope it isn't being ignored.

The only commonality I see so far on my phone is that I am running pushbullet. I'm happy to uninstall that app if it will aid in troubleshooting. I paid for it, so if the problem is the app, I want to know.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my texts for pretty much everything, cdkarlsson. I’d certainly be concerned about such a step as uninstalling then reinstalling an app. You’re asking for a guarantee you won’t lose anything, and while I’d like to say that, I’m unable to. I can say that I did this on my device (Note 8), where uninstalling is “disabling” after clearing the cache, and did not lose any messages. My concern for you is that you use apps I’m unfamiliar with (Pushbullet, for instance). It’s up to you if you want to take the next appropriate step and uninstall the update to the Message + app. Please keep us posted on what happens.

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MeganBG

I have a Samsung S9. This problem with Message+ seems to be getting worse. I'm not using any of those other apps mentioned. I do sync to a tablet and a laptop, but this didn't start happening until a couple months ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MeganBG, it worries us to see that your text message notifications are disappearing without opening the actual text messages on the Verizon Message+ app. We would recommend for you to clear the app cache, so we can make sure that it is not affecting your app's performance. We've attached a link that will guide you through this process. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216633/

Geovann_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cdkarlsson
Enthusiast - Level 3

vzw_customer_support​, I saw your last reply the other day, and so I cleared the app cache for Message+ that night.  The very next morning, another text notification disappeared before I read the message.  Just like before, the app badge remained, and the message was still unread.

Prior to reading it, about 20 minutes later I received another text message from a different person, and the new text showed up in the notification bar (as expected), and in addition to that, the old unread message was added back to the notification bar.

Bottom line: clearing the app cache did not solve the issue for me.

Is there any movement on this issue?  I've noticed a common thread among the people posting here that this issue seemed to pop up at about the same time (a few months ago).  Maybe an update (either an app or system update) from around this time is causing the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
cdkarlsson
We don't want this to be an ongoing issue. You mentioned that you cleared the applications cache. However, did you uninstall the application and then redownload it to your device? 

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
MotherOfDragons3inVT

Me too. I am no longer receiving text msg, or voicemail notifications after the update. I hate this update. Also, most of apps now just continuously crash all throughout the day, everyday. Never happened like this prior to forced update.

0 Likes
cdkarlsson
Enthusiast - Level 3

vzw_customer_support

Last night I finally decided to disable (uninstall) the Message+ app (after clearing the application cache again) and redownload it to my S8+.

Unfortunately, I lost some text messages (but not all of them), and it did NOT solve the problem. On two different occasions today I received text messages that I did not get a chance to read right away, and their notifications disappeared.

Recap: I cleared the app cache, disabled/uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, and the problem did not go away. BTW, I was mentioning this issue to my wife, and though she never mentioned it to me, she's been having this exact same issue on her Note 8.  What are the next steps? How do we escalate this issue? This is very frustrating and something in an update caused it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, MotherOfDragons3inVT. I apologize that you're having so much trouble with your text and voicemail notifications in addition to the applications crashing throughout the day. I appreciate you bringing these difficulties to my attention and I'm confident we can work together to find a way for your phone to work properly with the latest update. Just to make sure I'm focusing on your concern specifically, what software version ( https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210994/ ) is installed on your phone currently? Do you use the Verizon Message+ or the Samsung Messages application or another app from the Play Store? Do you see any particular error message when a notification would normally appear or when an application crashes?

Jennifer_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cdkarlsson, I appreciate all your efforts to correct this notifications issue with Verizon Messages on your Galaxy S8+/Note 8 and can understand this has been unpleasant. Missing important texts on my Note 8 is the last thing I want as well. I want to gather some additional information from you so we can investigate this issue and correct it as soon as possible. Please ensure your software on both devices is up to date if not already. In the meantime, you can place your phone in Safe Mode to see if any other 3rd party apps are getting in the way. You don't lose any personal content with this step attached. http://spr.ly/6589DFJYJ

I have sent you a Direct Message so we can tackle this issue together and I hope to hear from you soon.  

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes