Why are my contact's names changing to other contact's names?
DingChavez

Samsung Galaxy S6 , version 6.0.1 , kernel version 3.10.61 , build number MMB29K.G920VVRU4CPF4

When I go into my messages to send a text to someone I have recently started noticing that a conversation I was having with someone has a new name associated with it. Low and behold when I try to pull up that contact, they now have two numbers listed and any email addresses also.

For example:

Girlfriend's name changed to friend's name.

If I search for girlfriend's name, I see friend's name listed.

If I select that friend's name I now see Girlfriend's number, friend's number, and both their email addresses. Girlfriend's photo is contact photo still.

If I go to gmail on my phone, the girlfriend's contact info also reflects the same changes listed above with that friend's name and number listed under it.

This has happened to me 3 times now that I have noticed. It requires me to figure out the correct number for the two contacts and create a new one for the one that was lost. I end up splitting the numbers and email addresses apart. While not terribly time consuming or difficult to do, it is quite annoying and now I have to double check the phone number to everyone I try to get in contact with someone.

Fix this.

0 Likes
Re: Why are my contact's names changing to other contact's names?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can’t have your contacts switched around, especially as texting is crucial to everyday life DingChavez. How long has this been happening? What service do you have your contacts backed up with? Do you notice any changes to the apps or phone when this happens?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes