Why am I receiving a notification from the Security Log Agent?
TAARNA0605
Enthusiast - Level 2

previous threadS7 update issue

I have run the Software repair assistant (5/22) and am still receiving the notfication from the Security Log Agent, unauthorized activity detected. I have tried to clear the cache partition but do not have that as an option. The phone is still also restarting itself.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S7 update issue
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I would try going to Setting-Application Manager-3dots show system apps Then go down to SecurityLogAgent tap on it and then tap storage then clear Data then try and restart the phone

View solution in original post

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If you do Volume up-Power-Home at the same time it will take you to recovery mode and from there you can clear the cache partition.

Do you have any app on there that did not come with the phone?

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Sorry I just saw where you had this in another post and I gave you the same advice. I don't know why they have it marked answered  and locked. There are alot of problems like yours in here from the past like one on the S6 having the security problem and something about a app called package disabler  or something like that. However I would not use an app like that because it could cause more problems then its worth and besides it just sounds like a band aid  and doesn't really address your problem .

I did not see anywhere in your posts that you did a factory reset. Have you done this?

If you have not I would do a backup of the phone using Smart Switch Kies or what ever you normally use to backup your phone and try that  I hope that you get this resolved soon as I can really understand how you feel about a phone that is not running like it should

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If you go into lock screen and security do you have unknown sources on?

Have you called Samsung And told them about the notice that you are getting along with the other problems?

TAARNA0605
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unknown sources isn't on. I haven't called Samsung yet but did check their website. Apparently Sprint had an issue with the Software upgrade that was similar. It was related to Knox security, but I don't have access to uninstall or disable it. I will give them a call tonight. Thanks again! I'll let you know how it turns out.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I would try going to Setting-Application Manager-3dots show system apps Then go down to SecurityLogAgent tap on it and then tap storage then clear Data then try and restart the phone

TAARNA0605
Enthusiast - Level 2

It worked! The Security log notification finally stopped. The phone has done a few random restarts on its own but not quite as many as before and none in the last 12 hrs so I am hoping that stops too. Thank you!!