Why Won't My Phone Connect To My PC To Transfer Pics?
SURFER723
Enthusiast - Level 2

my phone will not connect to my pc to transfer pics

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: phone will not connect to pc to transfer pics
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the Marshmallow OS update, the default USB mode is now charging only.  Whenever you connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, you'll now need to pull down the phone's notification shade, as mentioned earlier, and change the USB mode to File Transfer.  See if this helps:

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - Samsung Galaxy S 5 | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

On some after you use the usb connection you have to swipe the screen down and put it on file transfer

What kind of phone do you have

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Actually the s5 has one for photo transfer after you swipe the screen down

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kathy65793, those are great steps to putting your Android in file transfer mode.

SURFER723, being able to save your memories to the computer for safe keeping is important. Let's help you transfer them. As Kathy65793 asked, which make and model device are you currently using? Were you trying to transfer pictures from the computer to the device or from the device to the computer? What happens when you attempt to connect the device to the computer currently (error message, doesn't recognize device)?

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SURFER723
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello and thank you for the response....I am using a Samsung Galaxy s5....When I connect the phone to the pc via a usb the device is seen Ok on the pc......When I click on the device and choose the "import pictures and videos command" I get an error message stating "no pictures or videos were found on the device" The phone is unlocked at the time and there are new pictures in the gallery app......Thanks for any assistance......Barry.....

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the Marshmallow OS update, the default USB mode is now charging only.  Whenever you connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, you'll now need to pull down the phone's notification shade, as mentioned earlier, and change the USB mode to File Transfer.  See if this helps:

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - Samsung Galaxy S 5 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
SURFER723
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks Tiki....I wasn't aware of that.........

That did the trick......B

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes