Why Still waiting for JellyBean Upgrade?
Nexus7Fan

Android OS system update is "available" according to this Verizon Link, posted last year:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/galaxy_s3.pdf  

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/galaxy_s3.pdfThis upgrade is still not retrievable by my Samsung Galaxy S3 32GB Blue in zip code 98103.  Is that an operator error on my part, or is there a distribution schedule which is not visible without information I do not have.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If I remember correctly, that was a WiFi only update.  Are you trying to check for the update when connected to a WiFi network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If I remember correctly, that was a WiFi only update.  Are you trying to check for the update when connected to a WiFi network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why Still waiting for JellyBean Upgrade?
Nexus7Fan

I did try this both on WiFi and via a good cell tower connection. I have been trying it both ways for months.  I went to a Verizon store with this question yesterday, got hooked up with the right support person, and found out this current answer:

"Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Jellybean update was not actually available in September, and has been available only since December 12th, with a promised two to three week rollout".

Of course it is now past that three-week statement, but I know, as a software engineer, that those promises don't survive during the Christmas season.  The support person sent me a text for a contact, and wants to hear from me If I do not have the upgrade by the end of next week.

0 Likes