Why Is There An Error Message When Trying To Print From My Device?
CHRBRA40
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to print an email from Samsung Galaxy S4 to HP Officejet Pro 8600.  I am getting error message "print spooler has stopped working".  I've been printing fine until this message appeared.  Is this a problem with my phone or my printer?  Uninstalled and re-installed Samsung and HP printer apps on my phone at the Verizon store.  If it's a printer driver problem, I don't have a PC to download to, only my phone.  Help please.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: print spooler has stopped working
CHRBRA40
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I found the answer on another blog.  Print Spooler is an app on my phone.  Here are the steps:

1.  Go to Settings

2.  Tap More

3.  Click Application Manger

4.  Scroll across the top to ALL

5.  Scroll down to Print Spooler and click

6.  Clear Cache

7.  Clear Data

8.  Click Disable

9.  Click enable

This worked for me, and now I do not get the message Print Spooler has stopped working any more.  I can print just fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CHRBRA40
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I found the answer on another blog.  Print Spooler is an app on my phone.  Here are the steps:

1.  Go to Settings

2.  Tap More

3.  Click Application Manger

4.  Scroll across the top to ALL

5.  Scroll down to Print Spooler and click

6.  Clear Cache

7.  Clear Data

8.  Click Disable

9.  Click enable

This worked for me, and now I do not get the message Print Spooler has stopped working any more.  I can print just fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHRBRA40, I'm glad to hear this has been resolved and I know how important it is to have a working printer. We are always here for you and you can also visit our support page if you need additional help. http://vz.to/1s96X1K

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes