Why Is My Galaxy S7 Randomly Crashing?
Kibadawolf93
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having some issues recently with my new Galaxy S7 I just bought back on the 16th of February, 2017. I haven't been able to find much information regarding this issue. But what is happening is the device will freeze up, sometimes with half the screen being green and the other half showing up either with what was on the device or with a black screen. The device will also sometimes make a shrill high pitch noise in the process of doing this. This generally is happening when I go to the recent apps section on the device, however it is not just limited to that. Sometimes I will just be opening an app or using an app such as Facebook when the device will lock and freeze. After that the device will go through a system restart and prompt me to unlock the device again and work find up until the issue presents itself again. I haven't tried chatting in with tech coach just yet, but I have thought about taking it back to the store for a replacement since it has only been 10 days since I have had the device. My biggest concern is I just recently got a Zagg invisible shield for the phone as well so I don't want to go though the issue of having to get that taking care of again even though I can. If anyone can shed some light on this issue that would be great!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S7 Randomly locks up and crashes
Kibadawolf93
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I was able to go back to the store I bought the phone at. Since I was in the 14 day period they waived the restock fee and got me a new phone. All the issues are resolved now

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MRVMRR3

I got mine on the 15th. The first couple of days everything was fine. Next thing I know, the entire phone lags, including swiping, keyboard, and different browsers I've been switching thinking it could be one of those. My also has been freezing, and I'm getting tired of restarting all the time! I was considering going back to the Verizon store I got it from, and switch it for another.

0 Likes
MRVMRR3

Solved my issues by clearing cache partition.

https://youtu.be/AFuud8bdKxQ

0 Likes
Kibadawolf93
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I spoke with a tech coach the other day and it is definitely a strange issue. So far I am not having issues since doing a factory data reset. I tried clearing the cache but that didn't seem to fix it. However it looks like it it continues I should be able to go back to a store and get a new device and not a CLNR

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a reliable device is a must, Kibadawolf93. I too would be concerned if I were having issues with my device. I am glad to hear that you haven’t had issues since speaking with a Tech Coach and completing a factory reset. The device will be covered within the manufacturers warranty for 12 months, or longer depending on insurance features, but the only time to exchange for a new device would be within your 14-day return period. Outside of this we would only be able to replace the device with a certified like-new replacement. Keep us in the loop if the issue comes back.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Kibadawolf93
Enthusiast - Level 2

So just ran into the issue again. This time while playing Pokémon go.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know you need a reliable phone to keep you connected throughout the day kibadawolf93. Let’s stop the freezing and get it back to par. Have you checked for any new software updates on the phone? As you’ve gone through many troubleshooting steps already, have you tested the phone in Safe Mode?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Kibadawolf93
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I was able to go back to the store I bought the phone at. Since I was in the 14 day period they waived the restock fee and got me a new phone. All the issues are resolved now

0 Likes