Why Is My Device Having Problems In My House?
chgt25p

​My Samsung Galaxy 7 has issues operating inside my house. I can receive calls, hear the caller but my responses are weak, garbled. My wife has a iphone 6S with NO ISSUES.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Is My Device Having Problems In My House?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then there is something with your house and the position of the antenna in the phone that can't pickup the signal as well as the other devices. You might want to consider either using wifi calling on the phone or purchasing a network extender for the house.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry you're having issues with your s7 while in side your home. Since the other VZW phone is not having any issues, we may want to look into the device. Has it always been this way? When did it start and what zip code are you in?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to keep you connected at all times. What is your ZIP Code? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken?

MahrizaP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
chgt25p

Zip code is 13027.

I spoke to a Samsung rep and he recommended I:

Settings/network settings/ network mode. Select Lte/Cdma....NOT global (unless overseas) or GSM(AT&T or Sprint).

I did this and a slight improvement…..I still have to go outside to take on my Galaxy 7…absurd!

0 Likes
TAR811

I'm having the same problem, but with Verizon.  I had a 6s and never had issues with reception in my house. Now, no one can hear me on calls.  and I only have 2 bars.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it possible that the microphone is blocked on your phone? Have you replaced the SIM card yet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chgt25p, we always want you to have the connection that you need. When did this first begin happening at this location? Any new apps, games or software?

LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TAR811

No. If I walk outside it works

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then there is something with your house and the position of the antenna in the phone that can't pickup the signal as well as the other devices. You might want to consider either using wifi calling on the phone or purchasing a network extender for the house.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TAR811 We want to have great service all over. I'm here to help. When did you start having this trouble? Where (zip code) do you have this trouble? Do you have trouble outside your home as well?

AdrienneP_VZW

0 Likes