Why Have DTMF Touch Tones Stopped Working During Calls?
MikeOC
Enthusiast - Level 1

​Sometime in the last couple of days (today is Jan. 24), something changed and now I can't send DTMF tones during a call anymore. (Dual Tone Multiple Frequencies, i.e. the touch-tone sounds you use to navigate bank-by-phone or calling in for support, etc.)

Probably related, it looks like the Phone app on my S5 updated in the last couple of days - I see new options for video calling which weren't there previously.

I went into the Settings, Call, DTMF tones, and tried flipping between 'Normal' and 'Long' - still not working.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DTMF touch tones stopped working during calls
MikeOC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am able to make & receive calls with no issues. I did do several restarts of the device.

I found that, if I make a call out, I can send DTMF tones OK. But if I receive a call - and in my case, that's how my work phone system operates - then the DTMF tones do not play/sound.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MikeOC we want your device to work for you. I'm here to help. Are you able to make and receive regular voice calls with no issues (with non automated systems?) Have you tried restarting your device? Any other recent changes to your device?

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MikeOC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am able to make & receive calls with no issues. I did do several restarts of the device.

I found that, if I make a call out, I can send DTMF tones OK. But if I receive a call - and in my case, that's how my work phone system operates - then the DTMF tones do not play/sound.

0 Likes