Why Has Battery Life Diminished After Last Update?
ICHRISSTER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an S6, and after installing the latest update push (G920VVRS4CQA3) on 1 February, I've noticed my battery draining like crazy. I mean, I used to be able to go for at least 3 days without a recharge (but always charge it overnight) but now I'm down to 20% charge after just today. I don't do "Social Media", don't watch movies or use it to "Stream" anything, I just use it as a basic phone. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary use... in fact this morning after taking off the charger it only read 95%, that's after charging all night!!!

Obviously there's an issue with this most current update... I am not pleased and would like someone to get back to me about this. Please don't bother with the usual email-chain responses like "... have you restarted, etc?" I'm not that ignorant on these issues, just get a clean update out so I don't have to worry about not being able to use my phone when I need it.

Please address this issue promptly.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery life diminished after last update
ICHRISSTER
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE... I'll have to eat a big slice of Humble Pie here; after doing a cold restart the issue seems to have disappeared and battery life is back to normal i.e. 15% ~ 20% during a days' use. I can only surmise that the radio remained "on" after the initial upgrade and restart (draining the battery), which is not the same as a "cold" restart. To repeat, after performing this most recent Verizon o/s update (G920VVRS4CQA3 in my case), and after your device has restarted and completed the install, shut the device off, wait for a minute or so, then restart... it worked for me anyway!

Problem solved, case closed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the phone saying that is using the battery?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ICHRISSTER
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE... I'll have to eat a big slice of Humble Pie here; after doing a cold restart the issue seems to have disappeared and battery life is back to normal i.e. 15% ~ 20% during a days' use. I can only surmise that the radio remained "on" after the initial upgrade and restart (draining the battery), which is not the same as a "cold" restart. To repeat, after performing this most recent Verizon o/s update (G920VVRS4CQA3 in my case), and after your device has restarted and completed the install, shut the device off, wait for a minute or so, then restart... it worked for me anyway!

Problem solved, case closed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is quite likely the phone hadn't fully optimized all the applications after the update and the reboot helped complete the process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes