Why Do I Feel Like I Was Lied To About My New Device?
LCLEANSVC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mid December I upgraded to a S7 at a local Verizon store.  1.  I was charged for Set Up and Go Plus  $19.99.  I was told I was required to have because they came with the phone. 1. A Zip Kord car charger. 2. a Evo Check Samsung case. 3. PureGear Tempered Glass HD w/tray.  All these little extras cost me $125.00 less a $15.00 discount.

I'll never use the car charger, the case I wanted but I saw no need for the Tempered Glass cover.  (My old phone was over 3 years old not a scratch on it.)  I take care of it.

I left the store thinking I would be reimbursed for all this [Removed] either on my first billing or with a gift card.  Well there's been no gift card and no reimbursement.

On top of that I swear I told the guy I didn't want the Total Mobile Protection Plan.  Surprise!!! He added it anyhow.

So, any suggestions?

Can I get rid of the $11.00 per month Protection Plan?

Can I take back the car charger that I will never use?  $34.99

Why the [Removed] was I told this [Removed] came with the phone?

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Purchased new S7 at a local Verizon store...feel I was lied to.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like a third party retailer. What was the address of the store?

If you are within the return policy period, return the items you don't want anymore.

If you don't want insurance, cancel it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like a third party retailer. What was the address of the store?

If you are within the return policy period, return the items you don't want anymore.

If you don't want insurance, cancel it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LCLEANSVC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I'm afraid it was a 3rd party store.  

I'm about 20 days into the purchase, so I'll make the attempt to return the unwanted items.  And I will cancel the insurance.  Never took it with my old phone.  

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

I bought my S7 from a Verizon company store. The salesman tried to switch me to a new more expensive plan and brought out a case, screen protector, a car charger, some roadside car protection gadget ((HUM) etc. I said NO to all of the above.I bought the case and screen protector earlier on Amazon at near half the price and already owned a car charger. He did add the insurance to my phone plan without asking me or letting me know. I checked out my plan etc on the Verizon website when I got home and immediately removed the insurance. You can remove the insurance. You may or may not be able to return the items you don't want or need to the store. That being said, having the glass screen protector whether purchased at the store or elsewhere is a good idea. The phones are getting larger, thinner and more fragile with bigger screens. I've seen several friends and coworkers have cracked screens on fairly new phones by dropping them once on a hard surface. They had no screen protector and either no case or a case that provided poor protection. What is Good to Go plus? Is it a program to help set up your new phone? Samsung Connect is a great free app to set up your new phone from all the data from your old phone.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I bought my GS7, mint from an employee.  $350.  The phone is glass.  the idea that it won't break or scratch is funny to me, I always have a case and tempered glass protector ordered from Amazon before I get the phone. 

I move my own data and SIM card.  The nonsense with fees is out of hand.  I will never upgrade with the carrier again. 

0 Likes