Why Are There Gray Bars On The Screen Of My Galaxy S7 Edge?
Shejac

Has anyone complained about suddenly seeing gray bars running horizontal on the screen of there edge 7 phone? The phone is only 3 or so months old. Googled it and there seems to be a lot of this exact problem. What should we do? It has never been dropped or anything.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Are There Gray Bars On The Screen Of My Galaxy S7 Edge?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

More than likely this is a hardware problem and you can either get a warranty replacement through Verizon Wireless or contact Samsung directly for you warranty repair options including sending back to the factory for evaluation and repair or replacement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets make sure your phone is working with no issues Shejac@208. Do you notice the gray bars when usng a specific functionality? Is there any damage to the phone?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
HWALKER44

I have the same issue and it started this morning.  It has to do with the auto brightness.  You can see through the gray bars, but they are very obviously there and depending on how bright/dim you like your phone will depend on how wide the bars are.  According to some other online forums it says that it has to do with an internal chip processing error with auto brightness.  How can this be fixed?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Shut off Auto Brightness and adjust to a Level your Comfortable with.. That is what I have done with all my Phones including my New S7 non Curve.. if the Issue Goes away then re-appears when you kick in the Auto Brightness it could be there's a flaw in the Update the phone got recently or maybe before it was purchased but if as mentioned the issue goes away when the setting is unchecked then just leave it there.. Unless you'd rather get the phone exchanged which is always ok as well.. Good Luck.!  B33 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

More than likely this is a hardware problem and you can either get a warranty replacement through Verizon Wireless or contact Samsung directly for you warranty repair options including sending back to the factory for evaluation and repair or replacement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes