Why Are The Apps Gone From My SD Card?
MSS14
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 6.0.1 Marshmallow update was forced to my phone, and now my phone doesn't recognize any of the apps that were on my SD card. At first the icons were all grayed out, and when I tapped any of them, it said the app wasn't installed. This has happened before and always cleared up on its own, so I waited a bit, but the problem continued. I restarted -- same problem. I wiped the partition cache -- same problem. On the advice of another forum, I unmounted and then remounted the SD card. Now the grayed-out icons no longer appear. The phone can read the photos I've saved on the SD card, but it doesn't recognize the apps at all. The files for the apps are still there -- I can see them when I connect the phone to my computer. How can I restore the apps without having to re-download all of them (losing all my information and progress in the process)?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SD card apps gone after 6.0.1 update
MSS14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I accidentally fixed this. I went into My Files and clicked on Downloaded Apps. All my SD card apps appeared there. I clicked on one, and it launched with all my data intact. All the apps then reappeared in the My Apps. I had to manually move them all back to where they used to be, but at least they're there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you've been having problems before 6.0.1, the sd card died.

0 Likes
MSS14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I accidentally fixed this. I went into My Files and clicked on Downloaded Apps. All my SD card apps appeared there. I clicked on one, and it launched with all my data intact. All the apps then reappeared in the My Apps. I had to manually move them all back to where they used to be, but at least they're there.

0 Likes