Why Am I Being Told that My Galaxy S7 Has A Virus?
Gayle123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting a mesaage that says: The page at [Removed] says you system is heavily damaged by four viruses. We detect that your SamsungGalaxy 7 is 28.1% DAMAGED because of four harmful viruses goes on to say it will damage my contacts , photos, data, apps etc

It says I should remove the virus now and give me 2 steps to do that including downloading AT GOOGLE pLAY

iS THIS LEGITIMATE?

Thanks for any help out there... gayle

content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I just upgraded to galaxy 7 less than 2 weeks ago. Im getting a scarey message about a virus
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

The warning is NOT legitimate. Do NOT download what it says from Google Play. It's a scam trying to sucker you into installing a garbage app that may cause even more issues including trying to get you to pay money for it. As I expected my AV on my PC won't even let me view the link you posted. I took precautions even if I had been able to access the link. Anytime something attempts to say your PC or a phone is x% damaged it's a give away that it's not legit.

So, the big question is when do you see this message? Is it all the time? Are you running a particular app when it is occurring? Is it just popping up at any given time regardless of what you are doing? More specific details will help. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Re: I just upgraded to galaxy 7 less than 2 weeks ago. Im getting a scarey message about a virus
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

The warning is NOT legitimate. Do NOT download what it says from Google Play. It's a scam trying to sucker you into installing a garbage app that may cause even more issues including trying to get you to pay money for it. As I expected my AV on my PC won't even let me view the link you posted. I took precautions even if I had been able to access the link. Anytime something attempts to say your PC or a phone is x% damaged it's a give away that it's not legit.

So, the big question is when do you see this message? Is it all the time? Are you running a particular app when it is occurring? Is it just popping up at any given time regardless of what you are doing? More specific details will help. Smiley Happy

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yeah, don't do that, it's a scam, just choose the webpage and move on with your life.

Gayle123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really appreciate your answer. I didnt download anything or click any

links. It did seem like an odd warning which btw would pop up randomly. I

was also able to reach verizon customer service and they said exactly what

you did. Thanks again for your reply! Much appreciated!