Which Messaging should I use?
MartinC

I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 and it comes with a Verizon Messaging or Samsung Messaging.  What's the difference?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Which Messaging should I use?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone! The Samsung Messaging is the messaging app that comes as a "stock" application on the phone that enables you to send/receive messages.

With Verizon Messages, it is a service that we offer. Take a look here http://vz.to/1lE6tgE.

It is a an easy-to-use, free, downloadable app available on our Android smartphones and tablets and Apple iPhone  models. It provides an enhanced text messaging and Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) experience for our  customers. Verizon Messages allows our  customers to send and receive text and multimedia messages for their primary VZW phone using multiple devices including Android smartphones and tablets, Apple iPhone models, and any web browser when logged into My Verizon. Up to 90 days of messages are synchronized across all devices on the account, including message status and deleted messages providing customers with a seamless messaging experience. I hope that information helps. -Tamara

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i declined samsung & selected messaging+.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone! The Samsung Messaging is the messaging app that comes as a "stock" application on the phone that enables you to send/receive messages.

With Verizon Messages, it is a service that we offer. Take a look here http://vz.to/1lE6tgE.

It is a an easy-to-use, free, downloadable app available on our Android smartphones and tablets and Apple iPhone  models. It provides an enhanced text messaging and Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) experience for our  customers. Verizon Messages allows our  customers to send and receive text and multimedia messages for their primary VZW phone using multiple devices including Android smartphones and tablets, Apple iPhone models, and any web browser when logged into My Verizon. Up to 90 days of messages are synchronized across all devices on the account, including message status and deleted messages providing customers with a seamless messaging experience. I hope that information helps. -Tamara

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i've ended up changing to samsung messaging because i didn't like verizon messaging.