Where the heck is Nougat?
drfunone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Promised Nougat on GN7 before 2016 year-end, then downgraded into the not-so-hot GS7 with promise of a Nougat update in mid Jan. Thus far, a no-show. The whole Verizon/Samusung fiasco since last August has been nothing short of a huge [Removed] and dismal letdown.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Where the heck is Nougat?
parth212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat Update: T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T Scheduled R...

I search s7 edge verizon update daily and nothing comes up as to it being released. More so the same of the link I posted up there, so my guess is still April to June...

0 Likes
Drunder39
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe the December 2016 date was when Samsung would release Nougat to unlocked deviced (Non carrier). Also pretty sure Verizon got it from Samsung about that time also. Verizon now has to add another 2 month wait time so they can add their bloatware and then another month to test it.. so April/May  is when I see Nougat OTA for US version S7E..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't touch the code. Samsung writes the updates. Their teams for the various don't write it at the same time either. It is more likely they finish the unlocked version first and then use that as the base line for all of the carrier variants.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
parth212
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree, i would say at least mid to end q2 if we are lucky.

0 Likes