Re: Where is the S8 Update to fix our phones???
AzzaJay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally concur with you, I'm still at an impasse here and all I'm told is to completely wipe the phone and clear the cache. Clearly, there should be a pending update that will rectify the System UI freezing and or crash. Even though this phone used to be the Galaxy flagship and was replaced by the S9, it should not be ignored or disregarded. I hope something materializes soon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
LEGOQUEEN1967, your device experience is very important to us. We appreciate you completing all those steps including the factory reset. I have sent you a Private Message, so we can better assist with your options for a resolution.

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AzzaJay, making sure your device is working perfectly fine is very important. I would recommend checking periodically to see if there is a new update available this is the best way to stay up to date on software updates. When it comes to your device freezing and crashing, when is this actually occurring? Is this occurring with specific apps?

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cfig77
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well im happy for you and your mom. That doesnt help the rest of us that are having issues with our phones working correctly. Thanks for your pertinent comment.

Cfig77
Enthusiast - Level 3

So JustinB at Verizon, as I have stated before, I have already spent hours troubleshooting the problems and explaining them to Verizon. Also you are replying to the wrong person. My name is Chris not AzzaJay. if you would like to you can have a supervisor call me and I will explain what the issues are one more time. although I shouldnt have to. You should probably talk to whoever is responsible with dealing with the issues as I already called and they said that Google is working on a fix and are aware of the issues. That was over 2 weeks ago. then you come here and start asking whats goung on and want me to explain it to you. how about do some research at your work and make some phone calls and find out what the issues are since I was told by Verizon that they are aware of them. Im tired of having to explain the issues everytime someone new gets in the conversation. there should be notes you can read to catch up. I created this post asking where is the Samsung S8 update because I was told by a Verizon tech Supervisor that they know what the issues are and Google is working on a fix and it should be out soon. It has been over 2 weeks like I said before. That is not soon! Its a joke how everybody seems clueless to what is going on. Here is a quick description of what happened so you have an understanding since you dont want to do any research. The last week of March an update came out for the S8. (Software updates are put out by Google) I tried not to download it because they always mess up my phone. There is no way to dismiss the notification only the option to install it later. One day I tried to hit the button to install later and accidentally hit install. after it installed my ohone no longer works correctly. Notifications are no longer given when you get new text messages or emails so I am missing texts and emails. Also some apps dont work correctly anymore. I think that the way your customer service tells us canned troubleshooting fixes such as checking the network and factory resetting our phones is irresponsible. you think doing a reset is no big deal. It takes about 6-8 hours of redownloading all apps, music, and passwords to get the phone the way I have it set up after a reset. And after I was told that by one of your members, I was told not to do it by a tech supervisor because THE FACTORY RESET DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM!!!!!! The only fix is another update from Google to fix the update they force out which had a bung of bugs in it! And it continues to show your lack of professionalism or caring to actually solve the problem when every couple days a new person from Verizon replys to these posts and asks the same dumb questions without even reading the entire post to educate themselves on the issues. Your company and customer service is a joke. Over 2 weeks and still no fix! You expect us to pay close to $1000 for a phone, $200 a month for service and be ok when you and Google put out updates that make our phones not work. Thats sad. If you really want to make this right you would be sending out emails to all S8 owners stating there is a known issue with the update and do not insatll it. Also for the people that did you would tell us you are aware of the issues and then you would hold a flame to Googles [removed] and tell them they have 48 hours to fix the problem. And after 48 hours we the customer get $25 a day for each day we have to wait for an update to make our phones work. and you can bill Google. There update full of bugs has made me miss important emails and texts. This is not what I paid $800 for!! Over the 18 years I have been a customer I have paid you over $21,000 for service. If im late on a payment you shut off my service. Since you arent providing a fix to this problem then im not paying my bill!

Removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cfig77, I understand you want to have a fix for all the issues right away. I have sent you a private message to further assist.

StevenM_Verizon

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cfig77
Enthusiast - Level 3

To all people who are having problems with their S8 due to the update, I called Verizon and they gave me a $75 credit and 2 free gigs of data for a year so be sure to call Verizon and have them compensate you for the troubles this last Software update has caused. I received my credit on 4-12-18. Hope this helps a little.

AzzaJay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your feedback, I've just tried the same albeit with no luck and where the customer service representative actually hung up on me! I stated that the firmware was pushed out that inadvertently made my phone unusable, I've tried all the suggested remedies of a factory reset, clearing the cache, etc to no avail. I've even stated that I purchased another phone to at least use my number. Her response was that Verizon is not responsible for the updates even though when I switch my phone on it's branded Verizon as well as Samsung.  Really really fed-up with this fiasco, I'm thinking when I receive my new unlocked and unbranded phone I might move to another and be done with this, however, the one major issue is my Samsung Galaxy S8+, an unusable phone that isn't worth much in its current state.

Very disappointed!

Cfig77
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah it's unacceptable! There was a Software update that I installed last night and it didn't resolve anything. I've been waiting all day, figuring it might take time to start working but I still am not receiving badge icon notices for my email which is the mail app that came on my phone. I called Verizon last night and they gave me a $50 credit and said it's the last one I'm getting that Verizon isn't responsible for the updates that come out that Google is. I replied by saying that I'm not paying Google $200 a month for my bill and since I pay Verizon, they are who I will be getting compensated from and that Verizon is the liason between us and Google. If Verizon has an issue with giving us a credit for everyday our phones don't work then they can send Google a bill for messing up our phones. I understand phones need updates but there needs to be a measure in place to roll back the update and send us the old Software within 48 hours of the issues. And then while they are working out the bugs at least our phones will work. It's time for Verizon to hold Google accountable for the Software they put out and hold them to a higher standard instead of saying oh thats just how it is. I didn't pay $800 for my phone and $200 a month for service for them to put out updates that have bugs and make my phone not work. The guy at Verizon tried to give me some lame analogy of how if i buy a new car and my car breaks down that I still have to make my car payment. I told him I don't need an analogy and if I bought a new car and it broke down I would call the better business bureau and get a lawyer and be compensated for my time for them selling me a lemon. JUST DO WHATS RIGHT VERIZON AND GOOGLE AND STOP PUTTING OUT UPDATES THAT MAKE OUR PHONES WORTHLESS! AND IF YOU DO, BE ABLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM IN 48 HOURS AND COMPENSATE US FOR OUR TIME!! YOUR COMPANY IS NOT TOO BIG TO FAIL! AND IF YOU DONT START GETTING ANSWERS THEN IM GETTING A REFUND AND GOING TO AT&T!!!!!!!

Cfig77
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also one of the Verizon employees told me to reach out to Google to get the status of the update. Here was my reply.

And as a reply to your statement that you recommend me reaching out to Google for news on an update, HOW ABOUT YOU DO YOUR JOB AND YOU CALL THEM AND FIND OUT FOR ALL THE VERIZON CUSTOMERS WITH S8'S NEWS ON THE SOFTWARE STATUS. AND THEN WHEN YOU DO, COME UP WITH A REPORT ON THE NEWS AND EMAIL ALL OF US WITH WHAT THEY SAID. This is the least Verizon can do for it's customers instead of the broken answer we've been getting that you know about the issues and Google is working on a fix. COME UP WITH SOME SOLID ANSWERS AND AND ACCURATE TIMELINE FOR US! AND GIVE US A PUBLIC APOLOGY AND CREDIT US FOR THE WASTE OF TIME AND POOR CUDTOMER SERVICE WE HAVE RECEIVED! PLEASE AND THANK YOU.