Re: Whenever I receive a MMS my Samsung S4 lags a lot! Help!
Ineiman
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was the very first thing I tried.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking time to troubleshoot as we want to keep you at top speed in all processes! As all other steps have been completed the final step would be a factory data reset. Here is a link with instructions for the Samsung Galaxy S4: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-77507/

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Ineiman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Quick question. Do you read what I have posted previously in this thread?

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015, 11:58 AM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ineiman

I did read through your previous posts! I see you did a Factory Reset previously and saw a bit of improvement after doing so. After the Factory Reset, did you re-install any applications or data? I'd like to see another Factory Reset performed with Auto-Restore turned off. http://vz.to/1Dv5hmc

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ineiman
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I reset it last time all I did was re-download apps from the store. I

didn't back anything up and just started completely from scratch.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:19 PM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ineiman,

I understand. We want you to be able to enjoy all messaging features on your phone. In many cases 3rd party applications that are downloaded from the Play Store can affect core features of the device. I would like to the test the device without any applications, other then the preinstalled applications, on the device. If you could please perform a factory rest and not download or restore anything onto the device and test out the MMS.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
REBJ5883

I had a similar problem.  I'm not sure if this is applicable for you, but I found that it was related to the phone anti-virus app I have.  I would find that I would get delayed in both sending and receiving by up to an hour or so if messages were going back very quickly on MMS.  I de-activated the SMS/Text scanning option on my app (Avast), and it cleared up instantly.  Reliable signal will still make a difference obviously, but I'm back to where I believe I should be at this point.

0 Likes