Re: When will the Samsung Galaxy SIII get the kitkat 4.4 update?
charleyjad3_21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think that lame CS reply just pissed me off more. My phone is SOOO SLOW and I don't even have many apps downloaded. Come on now Verizon, stop being (removed) and release the flippin' update for the s3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

charleyjad3_21, sorry. We haven't been advised of when the next software update will be released. However, we can help you speed that device up. Try uninstalling any unwanted applications on your device, delete old text messaging conversations, clear the call log, and clean out your e-mail inbox. Once you've cleared those things out, power your phone off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Lasinah_vzw, please check your own site. http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/galaxy_s3-6-19-14.pdf

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Freakin Hilarious... Nice Ann. Vzw reps don't even know what is happening

in their own company. How embarrassing is that!!!!!

0 Likes
jnunez13

It says it out for the s3 but I keep checking my phone and still no update. Does it take a while to reach everyone?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Updates are rolled out in waves, so it takes several days to a few weeks before all phones are updated.

0 Likes
babyblues409
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, yes the update has been announced today and here is the deployment schedule. So I guess we have to wait until midnight.

From 6/20-6/24 you can manually download it by checking for updates on your phone.

After that, you will be sent an update notice that it is available.

Estimated download time is 6-10 minutes and install time is another 6-10 minutes.

If roaming, you will need to be on WiFi.

0 Likes
babyblues409
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

I noticed at your linked page that conspicuously absent from the 'new' features is "Host Card Emulation".  This was included in ALL versions of Kit Kat by Google in order to allow tap & pay with Google Wallet regardless of phone carrier.  I hope that this omission is simply due to Verizon not posting a 'complete' list of new features and NOT because they removed it.  If it's the latter, I will be done with Verizon!

0 Likes