Re: When will the Samsung Galaxy SIII get the kitkat 4.4 update?
charleyjad3_21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been checking online almost everyday to see any news regarding the KK update for S3. Verizon Customer Service needs to give us SOMETHING, ANYTHING at this point to give us any kind of idea about what's going on. I know they are always the last to update anything but it's not because they are trying to make sure it's 'bug free' that's for sure. 4.3 messed up everything from the Wifi connecting/disconnecting to serious lag in everything even in the default messaging app & I know it can't be just my phone that this has happened to. Over time it has gotten somewhat better, but not enough for what I'm paying a month. Something's got to give, With my phone at this point I'm just ready to throw it away & get a basic phone. It's not the phone itself, I've been through 3. All the same thing. GIVE US SOMETHING, I KNOW YOU CS PEOPLE SEE US TALKING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
jnunez13

Anyone have any updated information about the kit Kat update for the s3?

I sucks How Verizon is always the last to roll out updates

This is the 4.3 update all over again

0 Likes
lk149
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Note II just started getting it yesterday, so hopefully the S3 is next.  It seems like it's not just Verizon, but Samsung as well that delays the release of these updates.  All of the other Verizon Android phones already got their updates.  Honestly, I'm not due for a new phone until January, but I'm looking at the LG G3 (or G4 if they put it out by then) for my next phone.

0 Likes
lk149
Enthusiast - Level 3

Canadian and AT&T versions of the S3 just started receiving 4.4 today.  Hopefully that means we're getting it in the next couple weeks.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi lk149,

Thanks for your interest in the software update for the S3 device. For any news or updates on if and when this update gets released, please visit http://bit.ly/n5snpq.

Thank you! EdW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
walrus1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Um yeah there is no news on that site about the update. Can't you give us something concrete? Verizon is always the last major carrier to update their phones. To be quite frank I'm getting sick of it it makes me wonder if Verizon really wants me as a customer.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

These Verizon forum reps just give stupid generic, scripted answers.

Really...."thank you for your interest." Paleeeease. And post a link that

tells us absolutely Nothing. Pfffttt.

0 Likes
walrus1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good ole ctrl c + ctrl v

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Exactly...just don't say anything if it doesn't give us an intelligent

informational answer. It's just insulting our intelligence. Geez.

babyblues409
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I need that update too and am anxiously awaiting for it. Samsung says it's up to Verizon and the following carriers have already released their KitKat 4.4:

Samsung Galaxy S® III

KitKat update is available for Sprint

KitKat update is available for Boost

KitKat update is available for Virgin Mobile

SO Verizon, when will you release the update???