Re: When will the Samsung Galaxy SIII get the kitkat 4.4 update?
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon is about 6-8 weeks behind for Android updates from the rest of the carriers. As far as I know, so far only Sprint has begun rolling out 4.4.2 KitKat to the Galaxy SIII. I have the Note 3 and just received the KitKat update a few days ago while Sprint updated theirs back in February, so figure sometime in June - early July for the SIII.

0 Likes
irtafa

May is almost over. No sign of update!!!

0 Likes
sammyS3

Can we please get an answer on this Verizon Customer Service Kathleen.  As mentioned by many users, we pay the most for our service yet with regards to updates, we are always dead last.  What happens if our bill is late after 2 months?  Terminate service right?  Well I, like many others, am getting sick of always being the last to the party.  There is no communication with your end users.  The 4.3 update was delayed because of "verizon's commitment to push out a great update that's bug free."  Well heres the funny thing, we wait what 3 months from when the international version updated and we still had the same bugs they did.  So what exactly did verizon do???  Its really frustrating, no one cares about the customers there.  I've been a loyal customer for 17 years, but enough is enough.  Sprint issued the update weeks ago, yet no movement from verizon.  I find it very hard to believe that a company like verizon cant get the resources to push timely updates.  Absolute garbage.

0 Likes
lk149
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't forget the fact that almost every other phone on Verizon has gotten the KK update.  So if we're keeping score, the S3 is literally the last phone to receive the update.  It's absolutely absurd and Verizon just doesn't seem to care.  As long as they get their money every month, they're happy.

0 Likes
irtafa

I hear you my friend. Verizon is very slow when it comes to software updates. My contract will be up in a few months too. There will be a consideration of this behavior in my next  phones upgrades.  I am not happy with verizon in this front. It is lagging behind its competitors in this respect.

0 Likes
irtafa

I did not get it. Can you explain if you got in detail.?

0 Likes
icaremyKINTWOm
0 Likes
walrus1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We should get it whenever the heck Verizon decides to get off their lazy butt and give to us. This might occur in 3 weeeks or longer.

0 Likes
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

Look at all the problems everyone is having with kitkat. So many phones are inflected with bad software. If your phone is working fine, you are good to go.

Be careful what you wish for. Read the posts.

0 Likes
JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

Really! I guess you haven't noticed the hundreds of complaint's on this site alone about the 4.3 update.  The 1st iteration of Kit Kat was released in December of 2013.  They are now on the 3rd version.  Now 7 Months latter and the Verizon S3 is still on what may well be the buggiest release ever.  I have a simple wish. That Verizon would push out timely updates that are probably tested and without excessive bloat ware, but I know that is wising for the moon.

0 Likes