When will my Samsung s6 get Marshmallow update
leeny51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know it's been asked a thousand + times, but I am kind of anxious. I think it [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] that Verizon always seems to be the last to upgrade to the newest OS.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will my Samsung s6 get Marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hworkman,
It has been a hot topic. Marshmallow is the latest and greatest in Android software. Here is a link we have available with details: http://vz.to/1TFUxMv.

KatiM_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

leeny51, having the newest update is what we want for you to have. While need know that it can take some time for the update to come out, you can stay up to date here http://vz.to/1R7RrMe for when the updates are available.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

Some people on here have been posting, that somewhere around April 13, we should be seeing the update.  I will believe it when I see it, as older phones on the the Verizon network have already started receiving the update.

0 Likes
tengokei
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's odd that Sprint beat Verizon to the punch and has their Marshmallow update out for the S6 already.  A bit upset since I thought that Verizon was the leader for phone service and am now wondering why I picked Verizon to go with..... I hope this April date is true. Cross your fingers everyone BUT don't hold your breath.... I've been burned by too many companies now in the android market, hoping that Verizon won't be another one.

hworkman
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is the Marshmallow update everyone keeps talking about?

0 Likes
JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry to break it to you. I have been a Verizon customer for many years and the customer service department is not forthcoming with accurate information.  Verizon is slow with updates although I thought they were doing better withan timely updates. The Samsung Galaxy S6 update has been available for some time,  but Verizon has chosen to drag it's heels. I always get canned responses from the customer service department.  It [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] me off that carriers have this much power when it comes to software updates.

JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

Why is this so? I can't believe that Verizon has chosen to update phones that are 2 years old such as the LG G3 and HTC One M8 to Android M over newer phones. Samsung Galaxy S6 is not even a year old. Ridiculous!!!

0 Likes
JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

Stop with the canned auto responses.  Customers are not stupid.

Tidbits
Legend

The answer is simple. Those manufacturers finished the update and testing for those devices and Verizon tested and accepted those as well.

If the S6 doesn't have it then it means it isn't finished.

0 Likes
scottjw1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It seems that all the other carriers are pushing the update to their S6/Edge phones or have at least announced when it's gonna be. Verizon is still messing around with it. It's a joke that they claim to be the best but are lacking in this update. Very sad. By the time the marshmallow update finally does hit these phones, Android 7 will be available. And I'm sure that with the speed Verizon is showing with this that it will be next year when we will get that one. Well done Verizon, well done.

0 Likes