josephsmith939
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good for you

0 Likes
Re: When will Verizon release 5.1.1 for the Galaxy S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HBlain,

We understand the importance of wanting to have the benefits of getting a software update on your phone. Since the updates are released a different times for different devices it is possible to see some phones go a while without receiving an update. At this time we have no ETA on when the update will be released for the S5 but you can check here http://vz.to/1EivXJl for updatesW

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ME_Elocin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just found this on another site:  TMobile is rolling Marshmallow out now and it lists that AT&T and Verizon are the ONLY two remaining holdouts.  If there is any consolation, AT&T was the VERY last one to roll out the last update, but if that was 5.1 then Verizon didn't roll out 5.1 to the S5 at all. And here we sit ...

ME_Elocin
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a generated response that means absolutely nothing to your loyal paying customers.

Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

What a mess. I am going to get an iPhone with another carrier. Verizon and

Google and Samsung can all..... well you know.

Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

Got me an iPhone and a new carrier

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

Get an iPhone or Nexus Verizon has nothing to do with updates.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They still go through the approval process just a little differently and out of the public eye.

ADC for example is where carriers and beta users work with Apple. You actually have to buy into it(except carriers as per their agreement). Apple waits until all their devices are ready to update before pushing the update.

Google just still does go through carrier testing just more under the radar now due to block C.

0 Likes
wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

Android 6.0.1 will be released for the S5 on 5/31/16 I heard that from a few Verizon reps. Just wanted to let you know.

Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

It's bad when moving to an iPhone on is a tremendous upgrade.

0 Likes