Re: When will Verizon release 5.1.1 for the Galaxy S5
wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

AT&T released 5.1.1 for the S5 in November.

Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Months later...here we sit - on 5.0

No hope in sight for Marshmallow or an end to the endless battery drains while other S5's live on to rule another day.

I will never buy a Verizon branded phone again.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to love your phone and I'm here to help. When did you begin to experience battery drain issues? How much battery life are you getting? Updates are released in stages and will be pushed to the device once it becomes available, your patience is greatly appreciated.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ever since upgrading to 5.0. I've done a factory reset, which definitely helped, but it is still no where near as good as it used to be when on 4.4.

I even bought a new OEM battery and had an ever so slight improvement, but at the end of an 8hr work day, my phone is down to 30-40% with moderate use (text, a few phone calls, and checking email).

Drunder39
Enthusiast - Level 3

To the OP and all others thinking 5.1.1 will be out anytime soon, Save your breath.. it isn't gonna happen. period. With MM coming out this month or next (Or more likely August), they are not going to release an update just to roll out a new android OS version a month or two later.. 

Like I said earlier, This is the way Verizon works.. It is easier for them to just roll up all the updates into the next major OS release and yes that means a very long wait but again that's the way Verizon works so we are all use to being last for everything right?

Please stop asking for things we all know will never happen. Thank-You..

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the most out of your battery Blur125. Thank you for all you have done so far. Do you have a lot of apps running in the background on your device? What does your phone show is using most of the battery? http://vz.to/1Ra2CbY
RashadM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

Can I get another phone other than the S5. This phone has been [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] since I bought it. This is the 3rd phone you have sent me.  Had 2 screens flake out. Last security patch screwed up studio now nobody knows how to fix that. I'm leaving when my contract is up. You sell us cap and won't fix it. Come on September.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lankylegs, the last thing we want is to lose your business and respect. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your phone. We are always here to assist you. When was your last update? What is happening with your studio?

Please send us a private message by visiting our Facebook page or sending us a DM to ______@VZWSupport on Twitter. This way we can further assist you.

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

Now I hear the crickets.

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

April 21st and still - nothing. Other carriers are already pushing Marshmallow to the S5.

Will never buy a verizon branded phone again. What a rip off. After payments, will have paid $600 for a phone that after 2 years is worth MAYBE $150, mostly due to the fact that its loaded with Verizon bloatware and still stuck on 5.0

Buying a Nexus once I hit October, Verizon phones suck. Love how their iPhones are pure Apple iOS, but their Android phones all have to have their carrier branding.