Re: When will Verizon release 5.1.1 for the Galaxy S5
Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Took about 19 minutes to install. SD Card has not been initialized yet...Apps installed on SD card are showing as generic SD icons...hope that fixes itself...

Phone is really hot at the moment. Going to reboot and clear the cache data for safe measure.

So much for quality assurance testing, eh VW?

Android Version - 5.0 - [removal required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Android Security Patch level: 2015-11-01

Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do NOT install this patch folks...all my apps that were installed on my SD card are now inaccessible, the phone is very warm, and sluggish.

I wiped the cache partition and Cached Data - no change.

Maria728
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem is that they push the patch on the phones eventually. Need to check in other carriers to see if same thing happens

Sent from Outlook Mobile

cw3jason
Enthusiast - Level 2

I installed with no issues. phone is fast and all my Icons and SD card are good. Unfortunatly this is just a security patch. Operating system is still 5.0.

Where is our 5.1.1 Verizon?

Where is our voice over Wifi?

Get with the program!!!!

Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Very insightful Maria! Thank you

0 Likes
Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phew!! My SD Card apps are back. that freaked me out...I was feeling another factory reset coming on...

Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Note 4 just got 5.1.1...

Let's hope this means the S5 will get it soon as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

ME_Elocin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for responding, however this tells us nothing about what to expect whether it is a targeted date or if the device (Galaxy S5) is included in the Marshmallow update.  Rumors say it is included however VZW has neglected to state whether it will skip the Android 5.1.1 update because they released a patch to fix the security issue. The battery drain issue AND the Bluetooth issues have yet to be addressed.

So why not tell us to cool our jets because we will get the latest and greatest MAYBE in 2016. VZW continues to keep us in the dark.

Not very good. And I for one will likely be switching vendors due to the poor support and informative nature of VZW to it's loyal customers.

ME_Elocin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not likely.

0 Likes
ME_Elocin
Enthusiast - Level 3

T-Mobile is the only US carrier pushing the 5.1.1 update out to S5 devices.  All others AT&T, VZW, etc seem to have agreed to wait for the Android M update and skip 5.1.1 altogether.