Re: When will Verizon release 5.1.1 for the Galaxy S5
arod412
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

^ i fail to see the logic with this verizon support rep thinking. 5.0 update has been a failure for samsung galaxy 5s (which happens to be the flagship phone), so by that thinking 5.0 was not properly tested.

Please provide actual data that supports lollipop 5.0 doesn't have any software issue, bluetooth problems, battery issues, stagefright patches, and verizon bloatware on this update?

Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I've learned my lesson from my whole experience with the S5 and Verizon. Don't buy Verizon phones and if you want the latest and greatest from Android - your best option is a Verizon compatible Nexus device straight from Google.

Verizon just doesn't appear to have the resources to keep their phones updated.

Maria728
Enthusiast - Level 3

I dread the day the automatic update goes through ! My car connection will stop working!

Getting out of Verizon as soon as my plan expires! Back to ATT

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Maria728
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't ! I will be going back to ATT as soon as my contract expires. I have 3 lines!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maria728 we can't lose you! Your business means the world to us. I know we can turn this around. I have sent you a Private Message so that we may assist further.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

How many hundreds of users have you said that to lately?  I'm telling you, people are going away in droves over this thing on not getting update and the bull we get in asking why our phones don't work.  Waiting on my Nexus 6P and Fi network and will be one of the many so frustrated with Verizon that you are forcing us to leave...

Maria728
Enthusiast - Level 3

this update is a problems ,and the best thing that could happen is to NOT FORCE PEOPLE TO GET IT! I DO NOT WANT IT ! LETS SEE HOW LONG I CAN HOLD POSTPONING IT!

0 Likes
Maria728
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi I replied to you, I am on my third phone ,and whenever it gets an update (lollypop) my phone sto[s its ability to conect to my car. It has been blame on the car by Verizon, BUT  as long as my phone does not update I am OK!

You should make this updates optionals and  not force people to get them!

kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

Add me to the list that would like this update ASAP, and can't understand the time lag with Verizon rolling them out. There are known security, battery and bluetooth issues that this update is supposed to address, which should make rolling it out a priority. I'm not going to dump on Verizon like others have, just expressing my opinion that it's in everyone's best interest to get moving on this. Given Verizon's size and market share one would hope they'd be on the leading edge of these upgrades that affect security and efficient operation of their handsets. That's how you build brand loyalty and repeat customers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kjbales We really do want you to have the latest updates. I understand they are intended to improve certain functions. I’m sending you the link to sign up for the email notifications so you can be one of the first to find out about the update. http://bit.ly/1j2JFsG
DeVZWesKK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes