Re: When will Verizon Wireless have the Samsung Galaxy s5 Mini available for sale?
Sam_K
Enthusiast - Level 3

If Verizon released the Galaxy Core Prime instead of the Galaxy S5 Mini then that would be a joke.  The Galaxy Core Prime might look like a miniature version of the Galaxy S4/S5 but the specs are terrible.  The Core Prime doesn't have a fingerprint reader.  It's not water resistant.  The screen is the same size but much lower resolution.  It can't even record Full HD video (1080p), only 720p.  Here's a nice side by side spec comparison on the Core Prime and S5 Mini from PhoneScoop.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?p=4481,4604

It stinks that I can't help my friend find a new Verizon Android phone with good specs that's smaller than the phones with 5+" screens.  It looks like I'll have to tell him to check out the HTC One Remix that was released 7 months ago.

Re: When will Verizon Wireless have the Samsung Galaxy s5 Mini available for sale?
mkarps
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah and the remix is practically just as big as the m7 except a smaller screen which is pointless.

0 Likes
Jaybor
Enthusiast - Level 1

mergs, I just checked AT&T today and they do have the Samsung 5 Mini available! I have been considering switching also because this is THE phone I have been waiting for. How can the Verizon reps not know when this device is coming out?! I'll give it until this summer but if the Samsung 5 Mini isn't available through Verizon, I'm switching to AT&T. I too have been a long term customer of Verizon's and you are correct to say they need to step it up!!!

0 Likes
Shortykilogyrl

It's not the end of May and still no Samsung S5 mini has been released for Verizon and it was with US Cellular in February atleast. Does this mean it's not coming? I want this phone as well as many others here clearly do. I'm wondering what's up?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Its great to see that you are looking for the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini Shortykilogyrl. I know you had your heart set on that phone but we do have other options you may be interested in: http://vz.to/1q1r5NX check out our line up here to see if any of these fit your needs.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Shortykilogyrl

I'm not interested in the others due to size. And the 4s mini has poor reviews. Thank you for the information though. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
offbyone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon please answer the question, when?

It is absurd that verizon can't even deliver an estimate or a yes or no to this question.  I might move my entire group to ATT because they got this phone.

We want smaller phones like this. 

BigH29
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list of people wanting the mini s5. I work and play in harsh environments: dirt, dust, water, grime. I want a small phone that fits in my pocket that is dust and water resistant. Verizon doesn't have any phone in their current lineup that satisfies this requirement. The S5 mini would. So would the Sony compact z3, but verizon doesn't offer it either.

H^2

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We wouldn’t want to see you go offbyone! At this time, we don’t have a set date for the release of this phone. It’s a tentative release and we are not able to guarantee we will be releasing this device on our lineup. 

As much as I wish we had more information for you, we unfortunately do not. But we do have other phones that are in comparison to the S5 mini. Check them out here: 

http://vz.to/1q1r5NX

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This question has been being asked for 9 months.  Probability states this phone won't be coming to Verizon given the S6 is already out and the S6 Plus (or whatever) is already rumored.  S6 Mini...maybe one day.

0 Likes