Re: When will S5 users get the 6.0 Marshmallow update?
Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

Hello-O-O-O. I think there is an echo in here.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The reps or the community members aren't going to know until the update is ready to be released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I know, I know Ann, Lankylegs has been offered that correct information over and over again, even in my own previous post where I offered him 2 simple numbered options to select from to provide resolution to his issue, but he seems to prefer to listen to his own echo instead so let's just let him be.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to keep your device up to date. Follow this link to get up to date information: http://spr.ly/6588BYuxM.
RobertH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Galaxy S5 is a great phone spec wise - but the GM-900V (Verizon S5) is inhibited by the 5.0 update.

Let's talk about that for a second here - the 5.0 update required most if not ALL users to do a Factory Reset. Phones were overheating and dying in a matter of hours from a bug in the update.

What can we expect with 6.0.1? Well, here's my plan - 1) Update 2) Factory Reset 3) Use AS IS - not installing any custom apps, just using it STOCK for a week.

If after 1 week of stock use the phone is still just as buggy as it was with 5.0, then it will be time to move on.

I'm getting a Nexus device, enough of this bloatware. Thankfully, the Nexus devices support CDMA and offer timely OS updates.

Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

I am done with Verizon and Android. I buy a phone that worked for a couple

of months. Then the update comes up and the phone has been junk fo over a

year. Samsung and Verizon keep blaming each other for it being junk.

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Buy a Nexus phone or Apple.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tritone777
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's exactly what I'm going to do.  Verizon won't be my carrier anymore, either.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use those phones on Verizon too. The carriers have less control over the updates then you think.

0 Likes
Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

They have to screw the phone up or you won't get another every 2 years.