slackrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check your Verizon devices last/current update

Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

slackrl

Re: When can we expect to see a BlueBorne vuln patch
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

Android patch level September 1, 2017 and later should contain the necessary patches for vulnerabilities related to BlueBorne. Given the recent monthly release cycle of updates then we should be seeing it soon. Verizon has been pushing out the security updates to customers in the 4th week of the month. I expect to see the latest update pushed out sometime after September 23rd. I'd figure around the 25th but that's just guessing.

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

As of September 28, 2017 Verizon is pushing out the latest update (NRD90M.G930VVRU4BQH4) for the Galaxy S7 in my area. On the positive side it deals with a number of issues. On the downside, I'm left perplexed. The update does not bumped the security patch level to September 1, 2017. We're left at August 1, 2017. AFAIK this also means that BlueBorne has not been dealt with.

Note: Nice to see they have corrected the update page with the proper software version. Previously they had reversed the versions between the S7 and S7 Edge.

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

As per my post here (https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/938422)

it appears that while the patch level wasn't bumped that BlueBorne patched.

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

BlueBorne is finally fully patched: Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

Software Version: NRD90M.G930VVRS4BQI1

Android® Security Patch Level: 2017-10-01, including Blueborne security patch

The current software update gives you the most up to date Android security patches on your device.